Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Lets see ur oil catch can setups

6K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  glanzergtx 
#1 ·
Looking at doing one and want to see what everyone has done.

Thanks

#2 ·
Sub'd

#5 ·
I got mine from billet tech red color to match and it's in that kin threaded rod by the positive battery terminal. You can look online for tons of pics

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#8 ·
this was a must have after i added boost

#10 ·
#12 ·
Reservoir ? Do you mean the catch container ? if so, it's the one that comes with the oil separator.

#15 ·
Yes, you want something like the first you posted, ditch the filter stone that comes with it, and make sure that the valve relief is closed when vacuum is run through the can, you will know if the relief is opening when vacuum is present, because air would be blown through the relief valve and vent outside. you want the opposite of this so the oil can remain in the can when vacuum is present. You might be lucky and get one of the old styles, the newer ones would open the relief automatically when vaccum is present, if this is the case, simply dismantle the relief valve, and reverse the pin, voila, now when vaccum is present, the relief valve would be closed, I ended up putting glue in the pin after reversing it just in case, but there is no way the pin would go anywhere because the system runs with vaccum, so there is no sucking allowed. i just wanted to make sure that pin wouldn't move even under murphy's law :)

#14 ·
Here is mine. This is the $80 Billet catch can off ebay. It can also be mounted on the left shock tower using the stock air box stud....this location doesn't make much sense for the LS3 Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Automotive engine part

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.