Pontiac G8 Forum banner

G8 Wife from WNY

873 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  zepcom 
#1 ·
Hi! I'm Holly. My hubby has an 09 Black GT that he loves more than me. I'm the tech person in the family, so I've joined the forum (and most of the G8 facebook groups) for a few different reasons. First and foremost, I like buying him stuff for his car. He is super picky, and impossible to buy gifts for. This site has been a godsend as far as giving me ideas of what to buy, reputable vendors, etc. I got him a rotofab engine cover last year, and the radiator cover from there too. He is also always asking me if I can sell parts for him, and this is the only place to do it since it's such a tiny group of people who would want/need the parts.

We live in a little town in between Buffalo and Rochester, but I work in Buffalo. I see lots of G8's there, in fact, my co-worker owns a red GT. Small world!

#3 ·
I'm pretty car illiterate, but I know he has a corsa exhaust (he was sad that the UPS man came when I was home - I know what that box means $$). I think he has some kind of crazy air intake kit and had to remove the EOM software from the computer.

He had a kooks axle back exhaust on it for about 5k miles and decided to go with the Corsa. He wants me to sell it for him. It's MUCH louder now. He leaves for work at 6am, so our neighbors hate us. The car guys around here love it though "heard you go by this morning, sounding good"

#6 ·
Welcome! Is he also a member here?

Im also a wny local. Probably have seen your husbands car before but never met him. Ive seen a few reds around but haven't met owners . There are a few locals here on this forum. I'd say 2 or 3 that are active and a few that pop up every once in a while

You'll have to wait to get posts up in order to sell items here. I believe the minimum is 40 threads.

#7 ·
Welcome...I'm also in WNY. Having a G8 is a lot like the Jeep community, everyone typically waves. There are a few built ones in the area, mine included. There was a twin turbo floating around, but I think he sold it.

#8 ·
Welcome!
Be sure to sign up on the other forum too!

#9 ·
Welcome to g8board!

I'm a fellow WNY'er myself. I am an origonal owner and currently sit at 113k on the clock and loving every minute of the daily drive!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.