Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Silver or black VMRs' on a white G8?

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  PPV 
#1 ·
Right now i have the factory 19s painted black on my white G8 and i am wanting some new VMR 710 but cannot decide between the hyper silver or black. I had gunmetal VMR710 on my GTO i previously had but you just couldnt see the awesomeness of the rim unless you are up close because it being dark. Anyone ever see a white G8 with silver VMRs?

#2 ·
#3 ·
Both look good on a white car with the black giving a more agressive look that the silver. If it was me I would do the charcoal, you could still see the shape of the wheel and it's still going to look agressive. The nice thing about white is you can do anything with the wheels and it's gong to look fine, color just changes attitude.....what mood do you want it to be in?

#4 ·
^^^Agreed.
Perception is the intangible though. I have my snows on Camaro black steelie rims on my G8 now but don't like the look. The car looks smaller and boxier to me.
Can't wait to get my stock 18" GT rims back on or even my Base rims. That's how a G8 should look in my eyes anyway.
Plus I'm a crow and like shiny things....
Go to VMR's website, a lot of rim companies have a rim configuring option where you enter your vehicle year make and color and it will show you what your G8 will look like with any rim and color combo in there inventory.

#6 ·
Silver. Hyper Silver. Do not use black lugs either. Quite honestly, widened stock rims might look better than any other wheel.

#7 ·
Yea I would widened the factorys but by the time I find a shop to do it and the wait time and having to buy two replacement wheels for the time being it would cost more in the long run. I am only wanting new rims to have thick tires out the back though.

#8 ·
same car, two different sets of VMR 710s on 19x8.5"

Hyper Silver (27" tall Hankooks)
Plasti-Black (28" tall Blizzaks)

I prefer the silver FWIW

Attachments

#12 ·
I had a set powder coated black and they look great clean. If you can keep them clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.