Why 40 posts to buy into the FS/WTB/WTT part of the Forum? - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
G8 Board Site Issue Forum Post any questions, concerns, and issues you are having with the site that need to be resolved.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By FLBoyZ06
  • 1 Post By Myracl

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Why 40 posts to buy into the FS/WTB/WTT part of the Forum?

New guy here so I'm sure I'll get some heat from the seasoned guys..

Whats the deal with the 40 minimum need to post in the FS/WTB/WTT??

I understand you're trying to filter out some of the guys who post whenever they get the idea that they want a G8 but there is probably a better way to go about this?

Seems like the admin/mods are probably answering PMs about this endlessly, why not make a simply questionnaire upon signing up and then let the admin/mods decide if they are able to contribute useful content?
G8medic likes this.

02 Z06
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 08:52 PM

Spammers have caused issues in the past.

RIP Charlie, The GRRRR8 One

2009 G8 GXP, #715 0f 1829 (one of 38 as optioned), Magnetic Silver, 6M, Sunroof, Onyx/Red
VCM, Magnaflow axle-backs, WAMS IWM/VIM, Back-up camera with JHP autoswitch, Homelink by Snakey, Pedders bushings

2016 Chevy SS, Mystic Green, roof, #555
Forum junkie at the G8Board and "The G8 Forum That Shall Not Be Named"!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

I understand.

If a guy was looking at getting into a G8 and really didn't know much about them why would you want him commenting elsewhere in the forum when hes not as knowledgeable as some of the seasoned guys.

Has there been any talk of filtering a different way?

02 Z06

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 09:35 PM
'Mod'erator

This board has been in existence for about a decade. We have discussed a lot of things in regards to selling and buying. We have created a forum that does everything it can to filter out spammers and to protect buyers. This is an enthusiast forum and not a classified forum. The for sale section caters to the 99% of forum members that have 40 posts and it is working out well for them and their buyers.

Moderating is easier when you don't have to look through endless questionnaires for selling when the forum rules in place will accomplish what the goal is.

LSA, Pat G DOD cam, RCR TB, 4.5IN Intake/MAF,
CNC LS3 Heads, OBX,
H&Rs, Konis, BMR, Brembos, Slotted/Drilled Rotors
3.27 Gears, 2600 Stall, ZL1 pump, Ice tank
Tuned By Pat G and Luis at RPM Speed Center

Bolt ons Street tires
12.649@107.817 60ft 1.96 Da 700ft

Heads/Cam pre stall Street tires
12.16@114.2 60ft 1.75 Da -200

After Stall
11.82@115.9 60ft 1.66 DA 400ft

Zex 125shot
11.48@124 60ft 1.83 DA 2000ft
second gear pull
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 10:49 PM

Tell us some cool stories about corvetteforum. That subject alone will get you past 40 posts in no time.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 07:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti View Post
This board has been in existence for about a decade. We have discussed a lot of things in regards to selling and buying. We have created a forum that does everything it can to filter out spammers and to protect buyers. This is an enthusiast forum and not a classified forum. The for sale section caters to the 99% of forum members that have 40 posts and it is working out well for them and their buyers.

Moderating is easier when you don't have to look through endless questionnaires for selling when the forum rules in place will accomplish what the goal is.
I get it, just surprised that it works that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMGXP View Post
Tell us some cool stories about corvetteforum. That subject alone will get you past 40 posts in no time.
No, I don't think you could handle it. Thanks for the contribution though, really adds to this thread.

02 Z06
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 08:00 AM

Garage
As a junior member, I see no problem with the minimum post requirements. Do I have some things I would want to sell/WTB, sure I do. But this isn't the only site that I can do that on. Will I be much more experienced when I hit 40 posts? Of course I will. I do not post a lot on this site, but 40 posts really isn't that much, especially when you are asking the right questions to other board members.
JHLynam likes this.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 10:33 AM
Administrator

Garage
to prevent spammers and scammers. to protect site health and community involvement.

Lee

If you need Admin support please post here:

http://www.g8board.com/forums/172-g8...e-issue-forum/
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 10:40 AM

Its not hard to get 40 posts I had to before I could sell my hand tuner, not really hard to do imho.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 10:51 PM

LOL i need posts too, i just dont have alot of time to go and post everywhere,i'd like to make a thread so i can have something to post about, want to get a group buy list thread to sell these holden center caps for ctsv wheels
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7732.JPG (109.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7734.JPG (94.1 KB, 4 views)
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Garage
Hey guys,

Use this forum to it's fullest and talk to the community.
Your post count will hit the required amount in a blink.

Enjoy the forum guys.

Richard.

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 10:29 AM

I agree, I think 40 is a little high. You get a G8 and you're all kid in a candy store and want to buy/sell/trade parts so you go to the forum and post some stupid stuff because you don't know jack about G8s yet you need to get your post count up. Post post post! Even thought your learn by reading. Sorry, no credit for learning here... or any other forum for that matter. Most mods don't understand this. It's been a long time since they've been new to forums and they have forgotten what it's like to be new. It's a blunt draconian rule to keep out spammers.

For these reasons I would like to see the post count requirement dropped to 20. Save folks the trouble of trying to spew posts when what they really need is to read and learn.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 03:04 PM
Administrator

Garage
A little while ago we have relaxed the rules on site to allow any user with a minimum post count of 15 to reply to threads in the "For Sale" sections of the site. User below 40 posts still won't be able to create new threads in those sections, and will therefore not be able to sell.

Are you more concerned with being able to sell but have not yet met the required 40 posts? As Richard mentioned earlier, the more involved you get with the community, the easier your posts will come out and increase your count. Before you know it, you'll be able to sell/trade.

Let us know if this still inconvenient and we'll go from there. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cheers,
Natalie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page