Weather stripping under front door comming out - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

Weather stripping under front door comming out

I noticed my weather stripping coming out underneath my front car door. I had stuck the protruding pieces of plastic back in the holes.Is the weather stripping glued as well as something else with these pieces of plastic that sits in the the holes?

K&N CAI, Pypes headers, Solo HFC's,Solo axle backs, Custom tune, FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.Little lunati cam,SLP 25 %UDP, AC tensioner upgrade.15% tint.12" sub woofer with amp.Future upgrade Power slot rotors & posi quiet pads.

V6 Spectre CAI, Original Overkill tune,FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, BMR Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.12" sub woofer with amp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 09:45 PM

Hey bud. Always something when it comes to cars. I just had all 4 window trim moldings replaced because of dry rot. Sorry I didn't have an answer to your question.

Hope to see you and the wife at Mosport this year!

PBM GT W/SPORT PACK
GO:
Pat G tune
CIA: ORSSOM
EXHAUST: BADLANDZ CUT OUTS W/ X PIPE AND RESONATOR DELETE
KOOKS 1 7/8 mids and HFC's (coated)

SHOW:
PONTIAC EMBLEMS REMOVED. HOLDEN TRUNK LOGO ADDED.
TINT
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 10:07 PM

They show that auxiliary rubber strip being held in place by approximately 9 push in retainers (built into the rubber strip itself). I guess if those retainers are starting to loose their ability to remain engaged, you could add a touch of black silicone or equivalent type of adhesive to those retainers, an push them back into place, if it becomes necessary.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 10:47 AM

Same thing happened to my old GP, the push in retainers got brittle and started breaking.
In my case it was actually cheaper to buy a replacement weatherstrip take the pins out and use them to replace the broken pins.
I think the cost of the pins only was more than buying the whole kit which was $20-25???.
I didn't bother with the glue route, I didn't think it would hold for what that's worth.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Will see what happens, if it comes back out silicone or glue.Not a big deal just irritating, i guess it could be a lot worse. At this point these cars have been pretty good to me.

K&N CAI, Pypes headers, Solo HFC's,Solo axle backs, Custom tune, FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.Little lunati cam,SLP 25 %UDP, AC tensioner upgrade.15% tint.12" sub woofer with amp.Future upgrade Power slot rotors & posi quiet pads.

V6 Spectre CAI, Original Overkill tune,FE3 Struts & Shocks, White line bushings & bearings, BMR Rear Cradle inserts, Moog end links.12" sub woofer with amp.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony killer View Post
Hey bud. Always something when it comes to cars. I just had all 4 window trim moldings replaced because of dry rot. Sorry I didn't have an answer to your question.

Hope to see you and the wife at Mosport this year!
Mine is slowly doing it on my V6 will see how long before it needs replacing.
Will be at Mosport.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 06:37 PM

Looking at GM parts places, it looks like they show the weatherstrip (#92214483) comes *without* the retaining clips for about $17.50. An is only available for the left (drivers side) Passenger side carries a p/n of 92114484 if it were needed, an can be found somewhere. Of course they will be very happy to sell you all the clips you want (p/n 92196414) for a friendly price of about &3.60 each. Hope you can make the existing one survive.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPHERIT View Post
Looking at GM parts places, it looks like they show the weatherstrip (#92214483) comes *without* the retaining clips for about $17.50. An is only available for the left (drivers side) Passenger side carries a p/n of 92114484 if it were needed, an can be found somewhere. Of course they will be very happy to sell you all the clips you want (p/n 92196414) for a friendly price of about &3.60 each. Hope you can make the existing one survive.
I am sure i can will see what happens in the weeks & months to come.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 11:35 PM

This Ford retainer clip looks pretty close to the GM one and it's .52 cents a piece.

B 20586A Weatherstrip Retainer Pin For 1966 Ford Thunderbird (B20586A) - Larry's Thunderbird & Mustang Parts

Don't know it will work.

But here are a set of 50 for 6.69$ free shipping on Ebay for a Chevy Impala

50 Weatherstrip Retainer Clip Fastener For Chevrolet For GM 4876498 | eBay
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 10:30 AM

I recently pulled the door seals of my parts car I think some survived drop me a pm and if i can get some good ones Ill send you some.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page