Clunky 2-3 shift - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Blucas0303

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Clunky 2-3 shift

Hey guys,

I've had my 08 G8 GT for almost a year now, and wondered if anybody could weigh in on a slightly clunky 2 to 3 shift. Under high acceleration it is smooth as butter, but in normal traffic, my 2-3 has a bit more of a "click/clunk" to it than any other shift. Nothing drastic, but something I've noticed. Just wondering if this is a quirk of the car that others experience?

I had a complete transmission service done by the dealer (which actually smoothed out a lot of things), and put a Superchips Cortex tune on it (kept the shift torque stock), but neither affected that particular shift for better or worse. I also experience a heavy clunk and slight shift delay from park into drive, but from reading other threads on here, that is somewhat a standard experience for the car, and the dealer made no mention of it being a concern.
Jasonaddis72 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 07:42 PM

Happens in mine too
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 08:12 PM

Ah, the dreaded 2-3 shift flare. With my cortex...still had the flare. With livernois....still had flare. Here is your answer....pat g.

Done.

Current: 2009.5 SBM G8 GT, Premium Package, Sunroof, Pat G. ECM/TCM Tune, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, SOLO HFC's, SOLO Mach-Shorty Balanced Catback, SOLO 3.5" Tips, Hood-Vent Mod, 19" Sport Package Wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ Tires, GXP Steering Wheel, GXP Diffuser, PLX DM-6, Neondials, VG Sharkfin II, Debadged (Except Arrowheads)

Next: Lower Grille Mod, Suspension Upgrades

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StBlGT View Post
Ah, the dreaded 2-3 shift flare. With my cortex...still had the flare. With livernois....still had flare. Here is your answer....pat g.

Done.
I have a PatG tune and still have the flare at times.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 08:26 PM

Interesting. I can honestly say that if i feel the flare, it is so minimal and after 2 or 3 stop and go's it is totally gone. That is only after a cold start and not driving the car for a couple of days after sitting in the garage. 95% of the time it's like one long gear, the shifts are that smooth and quick.

Have you done data logging and sent the logs back to pat?

Current: 2009.5 SBM G8 GT, Premium Package, Sunroof, Pat G. ECM/TCM Tune, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, SOLO HFC's, SOLO Mach-Shorty Balanced Catback, SOLO 3.5" Tips, Hood-Vent Mod, 19" Sport Package Wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ Tires, GXP Steering Wheel, GXP Diffuser, PLX DM-6, Neondials, VG Sharkfin II, Debadged (Except Arrowheads)

Next: Lower Grille Mod, Suspension Upgrades

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page