More GXPs' that have gone on to the afterlife - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By dvoak

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

More GXPs' that have gone on to the afterlife

I'm pretty sure that these are recent and not re-posts. Maybe Joe can document their fates in the GXP Registry. Two of the three will start (but that's little consolation ):

https://www.iaai.com/Vehicle?itemID=...oadRecent=True

2009 LR A6 G8 GXP
#986 of 1829 produced
#60 of 81 as optioned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 10:07 PM

Those are 3 sad pictures.
Hopefully someone will step up and put them back on the road again.
Salvage/rebuild title will suck though.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 05:34 AM

Garage
It hurts the heart to see those.

2009 G8 GT
2006 GTO

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 06:51 AM

Damn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 07:48 AM

Sadly they all have been hit very hard they would make great doners for imported Utes or Wagons from Down Under....IF they were priced right but the blown air bags would be a problem the Australian air bags don't comply with US Regs....

...Live Fast...It Won't Last....
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 08:14 AM

The g8 has got to be one of the safest cars out there. Everytime I see one totaled the passenger area looks fine. I totaled my first one hitting a center divider at 65 head on after hydroplaning. The car was done but I was fine other than a wrist burn from the air bag. I guess it has good crumple zones or something......they sure do that when they get hit!

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 11:42 AM
Approved Dealer

I had the first two noted in the Registry, but didn't have the 3rd one, so thanks for posting. The first car was owned by Husker Girl on this board.

Joe Morgan, G8 GXP Registry Organizer, G.O.N.E. Organizer 2010-2013
'93 Sunbird SE 3.1/5-speed 14.869 @ 90.96
2009.5 G8 GXP WH 6M onyx/red no roof 12.921 @ 108.89 BONE STOCK! (then), 12.344 @ 110.92 with 1.688 60' at 766' DA, PB with new cam & tune - 12.191 @ 112.35 with 1.693 60' at 1319', 2:59 lap time at Road America on RS-As, 141 mph NoFlyZoneMidwest 1/2 mile on wet runway. RACECAR NOW RETIRED. All of these are final PBs.

VCM OTR CAI, HSRK, Heater Hose Relocate, custom street/dyno tune by oldskoolgp, Comp Cams 224/228 .581"/.588" 112 LSA cam, LS7 lifters, PAC 1219x springs, Monster LT1S (C7 Corvette) Clutch kit, Katech C6 Hvy Dty Master & Slave Cylinders, Camaro 1LE Diff with 3.91 gears, Kooks LTHs, Solo Hi-Flo Cats & Connector Pipes, Solo Mach Balanced Catback, BMR Toe Rods, Trailing Arms, Cradle & Diff Poly Bushings, DRs
1 of only 10 built in this combo (1 of 4 this combo with RS-As)& #1497 built of the 1829
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 11:23 AM

From my experience as a claims adjuster for 15 years, I can say with confidence that the first 2 cars will be rebuilt and back on the road. Those GXP's are way too valuable to be parted out or crushed. A builder that knows their business can have those bodies pulled straight and the rest is bolting on new parts. I would love to find one of those rebuilt so I could get a GXP at a big discount just because of a salvage title.
BAS G8 likes this.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvoak View Post
From my experience as a claims adjuster for 15 years, I can say with confidence that the first 2 cars will be rebuilt and back on the road. Those GXP's are way too valuable to be parted out or crushed. A builder that knows their business can have those bodies pulled straight and the rest is bolting on new parts. I would love to find one of those rebuilt so I could get a GXP at a big discount just because of a salvage title.

as long you want it for your self and its just damage that is seeable,not flood damage,it can be a great savings,, but for resale its a road block for guys who my want to finance ,,not many people have 18-20 grand in cash to put down on a rebuilt title car,,
a rebuilt title car goes for about 30% less than book value ,,

kook 1 7/8 long tubes, ls3 cam,dod delete,tuning school transmission tune,cai,corsa exhaust,lowered 1",staggered wheel set 19x8.5 19x9.5 breyton gts av,3.45 gear ,BMR rear control arm/w poly bushings
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmonde View Post
as long you want it for your self and its just damage that is seeable,not flood damage,it can be a great savings,, but for resale its a road block for guys who my want to finance ,,not many people have 18-20 grand in cash to put down on a rebuilt title car,,
a rebuilt title car goes for about 30% less than book value ,,
I agree with what you are saying. However, if you have a good credit rating and equity in a home most people should be able to find some way to finance this type of purchase.

My main point is that with modern laser frame straightening, repairs can be made to cars that appear to be total losses. I believe most of the horror stories of salvage vehicles being big risks come from those that were done by backyard garage "shops". A properly equipped, professional shop does not want to put an unsafe, unreliable car back on the road. Not only is it a liability issue, but their reputation to future customers is put at risk if they do. While the initial hit on value is large, the longer a vehicle is back on the road, being used and performing well reduces the value loss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page