Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Dual Map 93/e85?

6K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  tchr49 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey there guys, I'm pretty new to the g8 world and am trying to squeeze a little more power out of mine. Currently I've got a mild cam, full bolt ons, and a 3200 stall. Car made a little over 400 tuned on 91 when I bought it in Amarillo. Well I have access to 93 as well as e85 in Dallas and want to scrap that 91. I can't really seem to find any information on e85 tunes besides converting it to Flex Fuel which seems really sketchy to me. I've had dual maps on previous cars when I ran 93/116 or 93/93+meth but I can't seem to find any information on people doing this now. Also need to know if I go e85 will I need new injectors/fuel pump? I'm finding so much info and absolutely none of it is consistent. Thanks in advance!

EDIT
Finally found what I was looking for, somehow I missed it after missing the link several times. Including link below for future researchers - This had ALL the information I was looking for.
http://www.g8board.com/forums/115-intake-fuel-tech/154714-writeup-how-add-flex-fuel-setup.html

#3 ·
I did an e85 conversion to my GXP LS3 but only after adding a ProCharger. From what I have read on this forum the e85 conversion's horse power gain isn't worth the cost without adding boost. With boost I definitely needed larger injectors and fuel pump.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#6 ·
Why would flex fuel conversion seem sketchy? Its the most non sketchy way to do it actually because your pcm will sense the actual ethanol content and command the perfect ratio. Dual mode is always going to be assuming your car is exactly on 93 with ten percent or exactly on 85 percent. Anywhere in between and your fueling is off.

I did the flex fuel mod and it cost 80 bucks. Well worth it even in NA setups. Helps a ton in hot summer months.

#7 ·
What do you have done to your car mod wise? What injectors and fuel pump? E85 by me is around $1.30 cheaper then 93

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.