Pontiac G8 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2009.5 Pontiac G8 GXP M6 + extras!!

8K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  jkduty 
#1 · (Edited)
CAR IS SOLD!!!!

Hey guys,

Never thought I'd want to sell this car but I've gotten to the realization that this car is too nice and too rare to continuing modifying into the race car I really want. So I'm considering selling it to finance a true daily driver and a more dedicated track vehicle. It currently has 72k miles, and is meticulously maintained with OEM or better parts and fluids, bolt ons (stock internals), new Monster LT1-S clutch, mint OEM GXP wheels with new BFG tires, Z28 replica wheels with nearly new Michelin Pilot Supersport + 2 extra new Michelin PSS rear tires, a lot of extra stock and performance parts still new in box, tons of posters/signs/memorabilia, shirts, hats, jackets, etc, etc..... There is not one thing wrong with this car, and I could go on for pages about all the custom touches. Everything I have related to this car will go with it for $30k!! It could easily be returned to stock appearance and performance if desired. If you are truly interested I will be glad to talk to you in depth about everything on and included with the vehicle. I would obviously prefer to sell everything at once, but would go down to $26k for the car bone stock, or somewhere in the middle depending on which mods or parts you want to keep. I have added a couple dozen pictures at the link below, but feel free to call me at 980-721-5595, and I will be glad to send you all the pics you want, but please serious inquiries only.

G8 GXP For Sale Slideshow by jkduty | Photobucket

Thanks!

John

See less See more
#5 ·
I'm open to realistic offers, and willing to negotiate on the included stock and performance parts depending on what you want. I could have this car returned to stock in an afternoon, although I've got a ton of money in the aftermarket parts so the more you keep the better deal you get. Just sayin! :)

#6 ·
UPDATE:

Just rolled over 67k miles, so went ahead and performed a Mobil 1 oil change with AC Delco filter, changed the cabin air filter, and deep cleaned the VCM, MAF, and throttle body. The car is still running beautifully, and I've just invested in some new vinyl graphics for the upcoming car show season...

As the miles go up, the price will obviously become even more negotiable, so at this point I will offer the car bone stock WITH FULL EXHAUST for $28k. Again, I have tons of mods and parts that aren't even on the car (yet) so they can all be negotiated as part of the deal as well. Let me know if you have any questions!

#7 ·
Now that is a nice car! The wing is bad ass, I just purchased a firehawk replica wing but if I would have seen that.....which one is it?
I also like the side and rear splitters or what ever they are, details on those please.

Good luck with the sale, and what are you going to buy?

#8 ·
Thanks man! Its a HSV GTS E2 wing I had shipped from Australia, and the side and rear splitters are a kit from Chris Henry.

I love the car and only want to sell it because I really want a daily driver for the kids plus a dedicated track vehicle. The GXP is a great compromise for both, but 2 vehicles would be more practical. That being said, I'd like to have something LS swapped/powered or even a track sorted C4/5/6 Vette depending on price, plus a 4 door truck for family and hauling duties.

#10 ·
Thank you!

They are MRR 228 (Z28 replica) 20x10 +35 front and 20x11 +43 rear. At stock height no fender rolling is necessary, but when I went to coilovers I rolled the rear so I could fit appropriate tires: 295/30 rear and 285/30 front, and let me tell you, this thing never runs out of grip in the twisties, unless of course you get too happy with the throttle lol.

#11 ·
Beautiful car!
Out of curiosity, what backup camera did you use? I need a new one.

#12 ·
Thanks!

I found a small one on ebay that looks OEM and would fit in the hole directly over the license plate where there was just a small black plug. I think it only cost like $18 so one of the best bang for your buck mods you can do!

#15 ·
Thanks! Being that this is a GXP, I didn't want to do anything permanent that would take away from the value, so all the mods are easily reversible. That's why I love vinyl, bc you can change the look to suit your mood or taste, all the while protecting the paint underneath.

I'm not a fan of stretched tires but this set-up looks pretty sweet.
Thanks I guess, lol.... although the tires are hardly stretched: 285 on 10" wide wheels up front and 295 on 11" wide wheels in the back is right in the T&RA window for approved rim contours for these tire sizes. I also have new 305 Michelin PSS ready to go on the rear when the 295s wear out, so it will make it even chunkier. I think the angle of the letters, and the aggressive offset of the wheels gives it the "stanced" look, but I dig it. Plus I still have the mint GXP wheels with new BFG tires stored in my garage should the new owner want a more traditional look.

#14 ·
I'm not a fan of stretched tires but this set-up looks pretty sweet.

#16 ·
FYI, I'll be at the Southeast G8 Extravaganza next weekend with 100's of the baddest G8's in the country if you want to come check it out!!

The car may have a new look to it, as I've got a few surprises up my sleeve for the show ;-)

Pictures to follow after the show!

#17 ·
Current status:

#18 ·
New walk-around/startup video added!

#19 ·
CAR IS SOLD!!!!

MODS please close thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.