Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Firestone Firehawk Indy 500

7K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  pony killer 
#1 ·
Anyone try the Firestone Indy's yet?
Suppose to have originated in Europe as a Bridgestone Adrenalin RE003

#3 ·
I have a set that I just purchased,sitting in my living room. Waiting to go on in the spring.

Given the reviews from tire rack and consumer reports. They seem like they'll be a good tire. Especially for under 600 bucks shipped to your door.

#4 · (Edited)
Got the Firestones Indy's on the car yesterday... gotta say first impressions are very good!
Quick turning tires with very little road noise... car drives nice. Haven't got a chance to dig into a corner yet because the weather here is still very cool but will post results once the roads are ready.

Attachments

#6 · (Edited)
What was the wear like - @ Jeff92se ?
I'm not seeing the stiff sidewall as a negative...

Reactions: IZRED
#8 ·
Tire racks YouTube video review mentions a stiffer sidewall but still gave it a good review

Plan on putting mine on by the end of the month

#9 ·
Your going to LOVE these tires !! Stiff sidewall is not a bad thing believe me...
I've had the Potenza S04s, Ventus Hankooks and judging by early driving results I'm giving the Firestones two thumbs up! :judge:

#10 ·
That's a nice looking tire for the price. How is their straight line traction?

#12 · (Edited)
I just wanna say straight up I don't do 1/4 mile stuff with the car, it's mostly the odd track day and spirited driving ... after having the other 2 tire brands listed above on the car price or not the Firestone tires drive soo damn nice !!
Looking forward to hot sticky summer roads.
Straight line at high speeds is like butter. ..

#13 ·
I ordered a set of these as the 3rd set of tires to go on my GXP. Once weather warms, and salt goes away, I will get the GXP out & get them installed. Once I put some miles on them, I will let folks know what I think. I have always run RS-As on my GXP & this will be my 1st set of summer tires. I'm looking forward to increased traction. I need it.

#15 ·
Good to hear mtbrider. I hope I will.

Looking forward to other people's opinions on these.

Not sure off the top of my head IZRED

#18 ·
That's good to hear guys. Mine go on Friday. Gonna be 50 degrees out. So they should be ok.

#19 ·
Just put these on my 09 with bolt ons and a tune. They are amazing. I have to try pretty hard to break them loose in a straight line. Car feels like it will corner on its side before they let go on a twisty road. Quiet and tracks dead straight on the highway. 255/45/18 Cost me 1000 bucks all in (canadian dollars)

Could not be happier!

#20 ·
I couldn't agree more... the tire is amazing for the price but I have one little quibble... the tires turn in real quick and seem to have tons of grip but the "feel" in a corner is kinda vague! Hard to describe and to be honest I haven't had a chance or the weather to really put the tires to the test... so I'll hold off on final judgement just yet.
But am I happy with these tires so far ... definitely!!

#21 ·
Good to hear stormtrooper. I'm in the same boat as mtbrider. Weather is still to chilly for a real test. We have been averaging 50s for temps. So we'll see

#23 ·
I would say these tires are a hell of deal and have very good road manners... a great all rounder!
It'll be interesting to see what kind of milage I get out of them but as it stands I'm a return future customer.

#24 ·
Lol. This thread isnt that old.

Ive been pretty happy so far. Still waiting to really get on them with traction off

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.