Saw a mint condition 2010 GS Corvette coupe (white) the other day. Dealer worked out a half decent deal for my car, the GS also has the exhaust done, so it sounds mean! The GS vette has 22k km on it, it is an American car. The GS looks like this one, but not the car I was looking at, I got this off of the corvette forum:
The GS vette has the wide body (325s width tires out back) can corner at over 1G...SOB!!! I SO WANT!!! weighs about 500lbs lighter than the G8, suspension upgrades over the z51 package c6 vettes.
So pros for the vette:
- Lighter more meaner stance (z06 appearance package, with z06 breaks)
- better suspension compared to the c6 regular vette.
- White color is a plus (no stripes anywhere, just full flat white, see above pic) - i have a weakness for white.
- Corners like its on rails (yup no kidding, 325s grip the road well)
- Stops on a dime
- Modding = getting better results at the drag strip or road course due better power to weight ratio
- No navi, but I dont really care
- Dry sump oil cooling
- Hand built LS3 with forged crank. (or so I read, also has stronger pistons and valves compared to the regular c6)
Cons for the vette:
- Winter driving = out of the question
- 2 seater = not much space for a group
- high maintenance over the long run?
- attracts attention, sometimes the wrong kind of attention
- low ground clearance = many more chances of bottoming out.
- possible massive price fall due to C7 debut.
Pros for the G8:
- Seats 4 to 5 easily
- Easy to drive automatic trans (stop and go traffic = no worries)
- drive able in snow with a good set of winters on
- unique and good looking
- Trunk space
- Does not attract too much attention, flies under the radar.
Cons for the G8:
At the end of the day they are two separate cars geared at two separate audiences. I understand that some might view the cross shopping of the two as a fools errand.....that being said, it makes me wonder what it would feel like to have a 'real' sports car. Curiosity is killing me.