Livernois 1C cam vs ?? - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 07:37 AM Thread Starter

Livernois 1C cam vs ??

I'm interested in putting the Livernois 1C cam into my Chevrolet SS (basically a G8 GXP). I want a stealthy cam that doesn't compromise road manners, surge or lope or anything but gives me a nice bump in power. My searching has lead me to the Livernois 1C cam, and Lingenfelter GT-11 cam, the latter making me a bit uneasy because of the massive lift. Any other options to the 1C cam that may be "better" or make more power, but still be daily driver friendly like the 1C?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 10:19 AM

Garage
Take a look at the Cam Motion Torque Titan LS V2. Sounds like this may be exactly what you are looking for. Link: Torque Titan LS Camshaft v2 - CAM MOTION

2009 G8 GT
2006 GTO
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 10:20 AM

Have you considered the little lunati cam?

2009.1 G8 GT MGM
Mods-Performance:VCM otr cai-Vms HSRK-American racing 1 7/8" Headers with high flow cats-SLP powerflow mufflers-LS7 maf card-Spectre 4"Coupler-Spectre Maff housing-Little Lunati cam- Rick Crawford ported and milled .030"heads-LS9 valves-PSI 1511ml beehive springs-Rick Crawford throttle body-intake manifold. Pat G ECM & TCM tune-camaro 3.45 diff-LOOKS:Camaro SS midnight silver rims.

Ontario G8 Owner's Club (OGOC) Member

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8GTLVR View Post
Take a look at the Cam Motion Torque Titan LS V2. Sounds like this may be exactly what you are looking for. Link: Torque Titan LS Camshaft v2 - CAM MOTION
That looks great, you think it would make more power than the Livernois 1C? Anybody have results with this cam yet? I couldn't find much when searching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 G8's 4 ME View Post
Have you considered the little lunati cam?
I have, I love that cam but it has a bit too much of a noticeable idle.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 10:47 AM

I have, I love that cam but it has a bit too much of a noticeable idle.[/QUOTE]

Have you heard the little lunati in person?

2009.1 G8 GT MGM
Mods-Performance:VCM otr cai-Vms HSRK-American racing 1 7/8" Headers with high flow cats-SLP powerflow mufflers-LS7 maf card-Spectre 4"Coupler-Spectre Maff housing-Little Lunati cam- Rick Crawford ported and milled .030"heads-LS9 valves-PSI 1511ml beehive springs-Rick Crawford throttle body-intake manifold. Pat G ECM & TCM tune-camaro 3.45 diff-LOOKS:Camaro SS midnight silver rims.

Ontario G8 Owner's Club (OGOC) Member
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 G8's 4 ME View Post
I have, I love that cam but it has a bit too much of a noticeable idle.

Have you heard the little lunati in person?[/QUOTE]

Not in person, all I have to go by are youtube videos. The lope isn't bad compared to what's out there, but it does seem quite noticeable whereas the 1C by comparison is almost undetectable unless you really listen carefully.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 10:57 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiac4life View Post
That looks great, you think it would make more power than the Livernois 1C? Anybody have results with this cam yet? I couldn't find much when searching.
I think they would have very similar power numbers based on the specs. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

2009 G8 GT
2006 GTO
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8GTLVR View Post
I think they would have very similar power numbers based on the specs. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.
Any graphs or anything out there of somebody that has used this cam? I can't really find anything about it other than claims and specs. The 1C has been around for quite some time and there are multiple videos and graphs of people with the 1C cam. I'm all for the cam motion cam, but it would be nice to see something on it somewhere.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 05:06 PM

I have the 1C cam in my G8. It does have great street manners, stock stall, and it is stealthy. No one really knows I have a cam. I went with it because I got it used for like $100. That all said, every other cam out there builds better power.

My personal opinion? If you're going to go to the expense of opening up the engine, just leave it stock and buy an LSA blower and put that on there. No one will ever know what hit them. Stock driving manners. Run a stock LSA pulley for about 6-7psi and make 500whp. The LS3 cranks are good to like 800hp. The LS3 can take mild boost all day long. An LSA will be a bit more money, but I think in the long run, you will much happier. My two cents.

- Volant CAI w/ K&N Filter
- Livernois Motorsports Tune
- ARH 1-3/4" Headers
- Livernois Stage 1C Cam
- GMPP LS3 CNC Ported Heads
- SLP Under drive pulley
- GXP Mufflers
- FE3 Struts w/ stock springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page