Pontiac G8 Forum banner

transmission CEL codes

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  johnnyservice 
#1 ·
went into limp mode CEL P0700 and P1825.
does g8board think the transmission is failing?
any input would be greatly appreciated

#2 · (Edited)
I can see that the P0700 code is a command to turn on the CEL symbol. That P1825 is not listed. Recheck to see if the 4th number is actually a letter. Aside for one fault code P1876, all the others are P182A- C- E-D or F.

Upon reading some more in the service manual (an as best as I can understand), it looks like the code probably is P182E. It sounds like your internal *mode select* switch position sensor unit or wiring, is having problems understanding what mode position you have selected. Maybe it was a one time glitch. If the problem repeats, it sounds like you'll have to verify the condition of that mode select switch assembly. I think its attached to the valve body assembly in the transmission. I'll monitor your problem, in case T/S by you indicates something other than the above.

#4 ·
The exact same thing happened to me about 2 weeks ago. Some odd symptoms for about 5 minutes, let the car sit for an hour or so, cleared the codes, and no problem since.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.