GXP rear sway bar - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

GXP rear sway bar

Does anyone know the diameter of the GXP rear bar? I'd like to order bushings for it and the front bar, but I can't find the rear bar size.

2009 SRM GT - Premium, Sport, Sunroof - HSV triple gauges and trim conversion, HSV Supersport Red/Black Steering Wheel, GXP rear sway bar, GXP Diffuser, Rotofab, SOLO Axlebacks, Red hot shift knob, Autodim 07 Trailblazer mirror, Removed intake cover, Chrome lug nut covers, Infinity door speakers, 10" DVC Pioneer Premier sub

Admin: www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2012, 04:25 PM

Rear sway bar for GXP is 20MM (0.78)---FE3 suspension, vs GT bar 18MM (0.70)---FE2 suspension. All models have the same size front bar of 23MM (0.905). At least until modified with the bigger stuff.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 06:56 PM

Is 20mm correct for the rear sway bar size on a gxp? White line only makes poly bushing for the rear in sizes 14mm, 16mm, & 18mm. Their upgraded bar for g8 is 22mm for the rear. So is 20 the correct factory size?? I need to get new bushings an want to make sure I order the correct size. Thanks.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 10:10 PM

^^^ Yes it is. I have one in my car right now and the OEM GT stowed away for now. Took off the 18MM GT and installed the 20MM GXP
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 11:41 PM

GXP rear sway bar

Ok cause I can't find anyone who makes a 20mm poly bushing for rear for our cars. Can help me out? Yea I've checked whiteline biggest one they sell is 18mm, pedders and bmr don't carry one. I don't know where to search

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 09:09 AM

You could go to a GM dealer parts counter *that* sold Pontiac's (or one that continues to sell Buick/Cadillac/GMC stuff), to see if in fact there were 2 different P/Ns used. I'm thinking that since there is only an .080 difference in dia., that both sizes of sway bars, *may* have used the same bushing.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 09:58 AM

You can buy the 22mm and trim a bit from the split area on the bushing. this wil allow it to close tighter on the 20 mm bar. A coin or piece of metal under the bushing will help increase the pre-load on the bushing too.

'09 SRM GT. VCM Intake, Saxonpc MAF Screen 5:1, Cortex,1.85 Rockers/105# Springs, JBA shorty's, Solo H/F Cats, Solo Mach Balanced. BMR Sway bars, Superpro strut mounts, Whiteline Rear Subframe Bushing, Mevotech arms. PPV struts/shocks, Tein Springs. MPSS Tires
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 12:47 PM

GXP rear sway bar

I was going to try and go to the dealer if I had time this week. Just thought it would be easier to ask on here. Doesn't seem like anyone knows where to get polys for the back. I was gonna Email whiteline and see if they would sell me a 20mm that would work also.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2013, 03:22 PM

GXP rear sway bar

So I just measured and it is a 20mm bar. Anyone know of a company who makes a 20mm poly for our cars??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page