Front Bumper Cover Parts List - Request BOM - Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tempest1

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

Front Bumper Cover Parts List - Request BOM

Hello,

I recently purchased a G8 GT and the front bumper cover is missing. I have seen the GXP conversion and GT install threads through search but it doesn't help me completely. I am missing everything related to the front bumper cover which would include the lower plastic and filler between the bumper and cover, grills, fog lights, and hardware.

Would anyone happen to have a Bill of Material for the bumper cover? I found the attached diagram on ebay. But it doesn't help with regards to part numbers and part name.

Any assistance will be great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Front Bumper Cover Diagram.jpg (120.4 KB, 33 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 09:18 AM

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 09:24 AM

Bumper inserts:

GRILLE & COMPONENTS for 2009 Pontiac G8

I believe the kidney grills are the same as GT but the lower insert for the GXP is different.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Awesome, thanks!!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2016, 01:30 PM

Just finished my conversion from gt nose to gxp and lower difusser ,fog covers and rubber insert on botton of bumper are the only difference in gt and gxp the pontiac emblem has 3 post's for alignment and has sticky tape to hold on but also show's push on retaining nuts, so i added all 3 just to make sure it never comes off , i did everything new including headlights but used original side marker lights. There's also a GM Performance Division emblem on top side of bumper under hood i put on. I tried a set of HID fog light's with alum housing and glass lenses but the fittment was not good, they were from Mendozamtrsports so beware of those all in all paid only 300 for bumper cover, paint, parts aby install at local body shop they let me help do cost about 1300 dollars and love results and look

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
sikboy567 likes this.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

Do you know if there is a diagram that calls out the factory hardware for mounting the bumper cover and accessories?

Thanks
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the help. I was able to get the hardware #'s from those diagrams also.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest1 View Post
Just finished my conversion from gt nose to gxp and lower difusser ,fog covers and rubber insert on botton of bumper are the only difference in gt and gxp the pontiac emblem has 3 post's for alignment and has sticky tape to hold on but also show's push on retaining nuts, so i added all 3 just to make sure it never comes off , i did everything new including headlights but used original side marker lights. There's also a GM Performance Division emblem on top side of bumper under hood i put on. I tried a set of HID fog light's with alum housing and glass lenses but the fittment was not good, they were from Mendozamtrsports so beware of those all in all paid only 300 for bumper cover, paint, parts aby install at local body shop they let me help do cost about 1300 dollars and love results and look

Where did you find a GXP bumper cover for $300?

09.1 G8 GT MSM Sport/Premium Onyx/Red
Mods: VCM OTR intake, Solo Performance Mach unbalanced exhaust, 3.27 Camaro diff., Pat G tune, PPV shocks/struts, BMR sways, BMR front strut and rear cradle poly bushings.

Show: F&R Brembo brakes w/drilled and slotted rotors, GXP rear diffuser, Advanti Racing Rein flow form wheels in 20x8.5"(23.5lbs.) and 20x9.5"(24.5 lbs.), 6K HID headlights, triple Atari gauges, tinted windows. VE onyx/red hot steering wheel. VE front/rear push button map lights.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 11:47 PM

Got kinda lucky while looking for gt nose my brother saw one on Craigslist offered as gt nose and when i looked, it was actually a gxp cover in a gt part# box when i called the guy, he still had it but a guy in Texas wanted it, but he would have to ship it, i told him i had 300 if the other guy fell through. He was in okc(shipping must be $$$$)and im in tulsa I'll come and get now he said ok and hung up, i thought sh** i was too late finished the day cussing myself for procrastinating, oh well , about 6:00 that night he called me back and said come and get if i still wanted it well here i come, hour and half later i was looking at in person it was a gxp oem # in a gt box we talked a while about selling his g8gt 4 yrs earlier and was srry he did but was getting rid of what he had, also gave me a tie rod end and off i went !!! Srry for long story but i felt lucky cause i had a small budget. While looking i found a few on Google search using oem part # for around 600 just not sure if it's true oem, try local gmc dealer should be no shipping to pay there good luck, keep is up to date though

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2016, 04:26 PM

You are very lucky...nice find. Now go play the lottery.

09.1 G8 GT MSM Sport/Premium Onyx/Red
Mods: VCM OTR intake, Solo Performance Mach unbalanced exhaust, 3.27 Camaro diff., Pat G tune, PPV shocks/struts, BMR sways, BMR front strut and rear cradle poly bushings.

Show: F&R Brembo brakes w/drilled and slotted rotors, GXP rear diffuser, Advanti Racing Rein flow form wheels in 20x8.5"(23.5lbs.) and 20x9.5"(24.5 lbs.), 6K HID headlights, triple Atari gauges, tinted windows. VE onyx/red hot steering wheel. VE front/rear push button map lights.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 08:16 PM

Was looking at threads from 2010 and the gxp cover used to be 100 bucks lol.

Its a bummer its to expensive because I need a respray on mine very badly.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-10-2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1frc View Post
Was looking at threads from 2010 and the gxp cover used to be 100 bucks lol.

Its a bummer its to expensive because I need a respray on mine very badly.
Mine needs painted too. In fact, I wanted to buy the GXP cover and paint it plus the hood. Such an expensive "mod" lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac G8 Forum: G8 Forums - G8Board.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page