Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Morimoto XB LED Fog Lights

21K views 77 replies 29 participants last post by  gmpontiacguy 
#1 ·
TRS just came out with these about a week or so. I was on the pre-order list and just received them. I'll be installing them tonight along with my HIDs. I haven't seen a thread on here about the fogs yet so I'll go ahead and be the pioneer to try them out. I'll post back with shots of everything when it's all wired up.

#3 ·
Link, info, pics would be pretty cool...

#4 ·
#5 ·
Install is just about done. I'll post something more detailed tomorrow, but first impressions are pretty good. They match the 5500K HID kit exactly like it came from the factory that way. Once you have the wheel wells pulled out of the way, it's a 10 minute job for the fogs.

The only trouble I am having is getting the dust covers back on with the new H11 bulb installed. They just won't squeeze back on. For anyone else that has installed the morimoto kit, did you need to alter the dust caps beyond just the 7/8" hole for the wires to go through? I might be able to superman it on there, but I'd rather not break anything if there is something simple I'm missing.

Besides that one small issue, the install is pretty damn easy.

#6 ·
No problem on the dust covers for me...mine have been in for almost three years and then I had a warranty so I put the 4300K's back in...

You may have to pull the slack out thru the grommets but that's about it...

#8 ·
Ok, got it all buttoned up. Looks pretty sweet. I'll just post a few pics, but I'll do a quick install write up with full details later.

Here's the housing that comes in the box.

Here it is installed on the driver's side...don't mind the dirty car.

Here are a couple shots of them running. I think they match up perfectly.

Again, pretty easy install. Once the wheel wells are moved out of the way, it took me 10 minutes for both the fogs once I figured out how they are mounted.

#12 ·
the clips only connect in one direction. i could try switch them. i would have to take the clip apart. hmm. its worth a try.
i'll post back.

#13 ·
The clips do have a specific polarity. The set may come in a left/right set, I don't know. Maybe I got lucky and my clips matched up correctly the first time out.

#14 ·
I had to repin the stock wiring harness and swap the 2 wires. Minor trimming to the bumper with a Dremel so the new enclosures sit flush.

#16 ·
geez. i'm not sure how to get a replacement set. I have only the paypal payment from the purchase. do you think the retrofit would be the people to talk to?

#18 ·
$?
How much are they?

#20 ·
I'll answer my own question because the link won't tell you what lights fit our G8 $200.00

#21 ·
how are these holding up??

#22 ·
debating on these myself , since my housings are blasted and current led's suck

#24 ·
that would be sweet - Did the Camaro forums already have one going on??

#25 ·
Count me in on that! I'd love to pick up a set, but if we don't get a group buy I'll probably just break down and pay the $200.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.