Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Alternative VIM

28K views 177 replies 50 participants last post by  GTPprix 
#1 ·
#65 ·
No love for New England? I gotta post about this in the regional section maybe could get enough people to make it worthwhile to send out the cable flash...this is worth every penny

#66 · (Edited)
#99 ·
>>Alternative VIM <<
If you have time for research it all can be done with $20 programmer of eBay
Logo, Color , VIM and VIN swap too
Can you elaborate on this?

#69 ·
I think there is a pretty long wait for the cable so you wouldnt need to meet up until the cable is delivered. Would just need the $ and your vin i think when i order.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#70 ·
Pakitullanc, it mirrors the phone. Whatever is on the phone's screen will be on the car's screen. However you need to be sure that your phone has some kind of video output (not all do)

#71 ·
I have a HTC inspire, how to I find out it has video output....sorry not tech savvy.......

Jasonvt, how much $ do I need to give you. I know $100 plus shipping too and from. Are you going foot the dep?

Sent from my Inspire using Autoguide.com

#73 · (Edited)
I don't think you really understand what this does. The VIM mod simply allows you to display video on the in-dash screen. It's like the plugs on the back of your TV. It has nothing to do with wifi or anything like that.

EDIT: Also, i just looked up that phone model and it doesnt appear to have any kind of video output, so you might not be able to use that.

#74 ·
Cool, I really appreciate your insight man. In April I switching to Verizon and possibly to Samsung Note 2, maybe it will have the feature. The note 2 can out today. I may still go ahead a unlock because I know I definitely switching from AT&T to Verizon in April.

Sent from my Inspire using Autoguide.com

#76 ·
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that effective with the open of business next Saturday there will be a $25 increase on all RENTAL IWM programming. Ship in pricing will remain unchanged for the time being.

I appreciate your continued support (I really do!) but unfortunately this product continues to eat far to much of my already severely limited time :) The good news is this is still less than HALF of the cost of the next closest competitor (and has more options) :D

#79 ·
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that effective with the open of business next Saturday there will be a $25 increase on all RENTAL IWM programming. Ship in pricing will remain unchanged for the time being.

I appreciate your continued support (I really do!) but unfortunately this product continues to eat far to much of my already severely limited time :) The good news is this is still less than HALF of the cost of the next closest competitor (and has more options) :D
Does this increase apply if we have already oredered and paid but are waiting to recieve the unit?

#83 ·
I can't wait to get mine done. who's got the programmer now?!?

#85 ·
waiting waiting...

#87 ·
Plug in with ignition off then turn ignition on wait for the lights on loader to complete and then turn ignition off and unplug. How I did mine and it works great.

#88 ·
I'll 2nd shaas' post. That's what i did as well. The system did reboot at one point during the process. So don't panic if you see that happen.

#90 ·
Just read through all 5 pages of this. So if you do the VIM yourself using the returnable cable, and you want to hook up a rear camera, how do you handle the auto-switch wiring for the rear camera?

#94 ·
or you can just hit the rear aux button on the radio when you're shifting into reverse anyways, your hand's there already, just extend finger?

I have a mirror solution that autoswitches but it doesn't use the radio rear aux so can't help you there.
Monaro, d'oh. Because the autoswitch is controlled by the VIM unit (that's why it stays in the vehicle---no core refund).
Someone could always figure out the rear aux harnessing themselves, but the issue still arises with trying to figure out how to wire in the relay, etc and trace the reverse signal.

#92 ·
or you can just hit the rear aux button on the radio when you're shifting into reverse anyways, your hand's there already, just extend finger?

I have a mirror solution that autoswitches but it doesn't use the radio rear aux so can't help you there.

#93 ·
I can't wait to get the programmer, who's got it now?

#95 ·
autoswitch and relay are two different items and sold separately

autoswitch
Automatically switching car to rear-AUX for you backup camera when you put car in reverse and switching it back when you take it out of reverse

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.