Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Alternative VIM

28K views 177 replies 50 participants last post by  GTPprix 
#1 ·
#156 · (Edited)
Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but where exactly do we plug the Rented VIM programmer to and the procedures? Or is it fairly self-explanatory upon the arrival?
And I'm reading on the site, is it mandatory to ship the programmer back using the expedited shipping (2nd or next day) only within the 48 hours?

I'm debating also if i should ship my radio in, my I'm fearful of pulling of the radio, don't know how exactly.

#157 ·
It is self explanatory upon arrival. Pulling the radio is very doable but if you have not done it before it could be a tall task ie, breaking a clip or so on. The other way just the glovebox needs to be lowered and a side panel next to it needs to be removed to access the rear aux. There are threads that explain removing the gb and the panel. GL

#167 ·
Did anyone ever come up with anything regarding the rgb inputs that the holden cars use? Not the standard a/v jacks, they're on different pins, but I remember something about our radios not being programmed to activate that specific input for NAV

#169 ·
I have a touch overlay installed, but that's not why I was looking to utilize the input. The RCA inputs are severely degraded coming from an hdmi out on my phone. I have to crank up the dpi on my phone to make anything legible on the screen.

The nav inputs allow a higher resolution, but we have no way to activate that input since we don't have a physical nav button. I've tried injecting the CAN signal on the network to simulate a NAV button press, but either our radios aren't programmed at all for NAV, or are programmed but are mapped differently than the holden's.

#171 ·
New member here (kind of) and just mailed a Bluetooth Onstar unit to Chis for his re-green service, I am really intrigued by the fact DUJINH is able to mirror his Andriod phone on the Radio... I want to do this can someone send me the instructions on how to make the harness and also the cost of the VIM program (at home dont want to pull the radio).

Thanks Neal

#175 ·
You have to pull the radio in order to do the VIM yourself, it takes ~5-10 minutes.
Pm me and I'll send you the instructions on how to program the EPROM and make the input cables for free.

#176 ·
Got VIM and next phone that I get will go to mirroring. Rear Camera works well. I just need to get my blue screen done. He hasn't answered my emails so I'll ask here.
Whadap Chris? Can I do this on two Sundays from now? I'm unavailable on the 24th.
Frank

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.