Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Looky what I found on Ebay.

20K views 184 replies 47 participants last post by  metaphysics 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
Those pentagons... must resist

#9 ·
You could have two extended and either add spacers or mill then to reach proper ofset if needed for less than the cost of originals

#17 ·
Here is the response I received:
"Yes, they are available in staggered fitment. The rears are 20x9.5, +55 offset. Cost for the staggered set is $1299. Shipping is still FREE to the Continental US."

The offset seems a bit high on a 9.5 wheel though. ????
I may bite on these just to see what they look like. My concern is that I am going for a bit more of a US muscle look on my G8 and these definitely have that European/Australian flare to them. But I do love the machined face with black highlights!

*My mistake guys- the Pentagon is the one offered in staggered fitment. Still a nice looking wheel! ;)

#18 ·
Well I just got a PM from the seller... hahaha Sure didnt expect that.
He said they are "exact replicas" of the OEMs.

Maybe the pictures dont do it justice, but they look different to me and since I have seen OEMs in person and I haven't seen these in person I'll just leave it there rather than come off like someone trying to $hit on the product of someone trying to sell something.

#22 ·
Me likely both the second and third links. 55 offset an issue? Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

#26 ·
Well that seals it for me. What a great looking wheel.

#32 ·
They look ok, for what your paying if wanted 20s instead of my 19s these would be at the top of my list, by far over Camaro 20s that everyone else has. However, like JHP or Crazy Paul says you get what you pay for in knockoffs, China puts out some shaddy products even though companies say they're the same they are not always the same as OEM have standards compared to aftermarket wheels. The aftermarket pentagons never look the same as the real thing, now the GTS wheels look pretty close to the really thing. Posted pictures of both genuine and knockoff, can you tell any difference? However, in AU they sell 19" GTS knockoffs that don't look the same, the spokes defently are thinner.

If I didn't have my "own" HSV wheels (I got my whole set of used genuine wheels for that price) I probably would have seriously thought about these, because most of those who went with 20s have gone to Camaros. If i had a Camaro, I wonder what these would look like them?

Attachments

#33 ·
However, like JHP or Crazy Paul says you get what you pay for in knockoffs
If I were selling $4700 wheels, I'd probably say the same thing. I'm curious why this comment never seems to come up when discussing Camaro 20 inch replicas?

Would it make a difference if you knew these wheels were made in the same factory as the popular manufacturer of Camaro and Corvette replicas?

What if you knew these were made in the very same factory as some very well-known brands sold here in the US already (including some with American in their name)?

What if you knew these wheels were built by a factory that has OEM contracts with virtually every Asian car manufacturer? Would that be an assurance of quality?

What if you knew that the genuine HSV wheel was built to withstand 690 kg load and these replicas are produced to withstand 850 kg load?

I'm sure there's been crappy products put on the market in Australia, but these aren't them. There's just too much litigation in the US market to make it worth the risk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.