Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Supercharger Vs. stock hood

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  jackalope 
#1 ·
Hi guys

Please bare with me - I run a Harrop 122 with a stock hood in the UK (well, slightly modded with a couple of side vents).
I'm looking at a variation of G8 hood and was wondering if any of you guys running 'chargers have had clearance issues just under the ends of the bottom of the hood scoops (the lowest part of the hood)

I hope that makes sense?

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
The G8 hood will NOT fit this front end...

The G8 hood WILL fit this front end...

See the difference?

Anyway, I've seen the hoods you're asking about but I don't know if you can compare the stock G8 hood to the aftermarket hoods, not sure if the underside of the hoods are the same as ours or not. :(

If you'd like I could take some pictures of the underside of the hood for you to look at. But there is no drop down area underneath on the stock G8 hoods, there is a rubber gasket/plug but you don't have to use it if you don't want to. Let me know if you need any pics or measurments I'd be glad to help you.

#8 ·
Thank you for your advice, I know about what hoods fit what cars - and my car is an HSV anyway.

The hood I'm looking at has the same hood vents so will have the same drop-down depth on those vents, hence my question.

#11 ·
Jack that's really helpful - and I think you may have answered my question - My fault for not asking it properly :)

So I'll try again - Do the hood vents protrude through the second (lower) skin of the hood on a G8?

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.