Pontiac G8 Forum banner

New tires, now tire fault

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  wreckwriter 
#1 ·
Spent $1200 for a new set of tires at Discount Tires and ever since I have a tire fault and no pressure reading available on any tire in the DIC. I never had any issues before this and have brought the car back twice for them to fix but they don't know why and telling me ill have to buy two new sensors.
WTF?!!??
Anyone else have this issue? I'm not giving them another penny since I've been a loyal customer for years and it was working just fine before I gave them $1200 two weeks ago.
I'm thinking about complaining to manager and demanding they replace and fix the issue free of charge or I will take my tire business elsewhere from now on....
What should I do next?

#2 ·
Drop by a dealership and ask them to scan the tires to get readings for the tpms, takes like 5 minutes. Discount tire "should" be able to do it, but they have had about a 50% success rate with tires I have bought there. I would not recommend doing the process yourself, its a pain in the ass.

#3 ·
Have you tried to reset the TPMS yourself? It takes less than 5 minutes.

#4 ·
Yes, the left front tire beeps after a few seconds deflating but front right just keeps deflating and does not. Same happens when the tire guys use the handheld. Both passenger side wheels aren't working...

#5 ·
Do they have tpms on em??

#6 ·
Yes sir

#8 ·
Since they were working fine when I brought it in could it be they broke them?

#9 ·
They wear out after a while. Probably just their time. Our 09 G6 has non working sensors, tires have 80,000miles. never been off the car. just stopped working. buy new ones.

#10 ·
When I rotate my tires I always have to let a ****load of air out of the RF,RR,and LR but the RF seems to need the most. It seems like about 8-10 psi before I get a honk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.