Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Never with the Grain...+7 offset?

16K views 123 replies 55 participants last post by  ducker85 
#1 ·
Well I guess its been a while since i have let you guy know what i've been doing. And i know its not for everyone, but i really enjoy pushing the boundaries and i think this one is gunna be one of those times. Still working out everything but here is the starting process of fitting my new wheels.

1. go lower
2. more camber
3. less tire

pic of first test fit

GUESS HOW WIDE?(Steve_GT don't say a word :D)

See less See more
#3 ·
Idk how in the hell you're going to make that work, but good luck & post pictures if/when you do.

#5 ·
Yea it looks like a additional 4 inches so assuming your running 10in wides, my guess is 14 inches wide?

BTW I still have saved photos of your car when it was sitten on the old rims on my computer back when I was still wishing I had a G8. I always loved your car man.

Good luck with the setup and keep us updated :)

#15 ·
that is generous, but not that wide, thanks for the compliments

daaaaamn! How wide tire you puttin on that rim!?
say 265/30

I won't ruin the party by saying how wide they are... but I will say THOSE DON'T FIT!! :)

The wheels look good
listen here ignition orange / ginger Craig, you better pipe down lol, ill bring em over and check out your girls gxp ahah

Gonna need a set of these.

that would be fun, but with our already wide looking fenders it might be a lil much, ill just make em fit this original body :D

Thanks for all the support guy, really looking forward to unveiling this in the coming months still got alot of work ahead of me but should be a neck breaker by the end........ until i get another set haha

#7 ·
that is going to look nasty dude, in a good way. always admired your car and the work you have done. keep us updated!

#8 ·
subscribed

#10 ·
An extreme widebody kit is going to be needed for that!

#11 ·
He's going for stretch I'm pretty sure. Beyond that I will be holding my comments to myself.

#12 ·
this is going to be good.......

#21 ·
you are local, once they are on you can check for your self :)

Nope, he's stretching a narrower tire to fit a wider wheel to help it fit.
I'm guessing 11" on the wheels, maybe 11.5. No way could a 265 go on anything wider, I don't care how much you tried to stretch it.
Pretty much why im going with stretch, i've done a lil research and you are close to the width

#20 ·
looks nice

#23 ·
im guessing 12 just because it seems like thats about as wide as you can strech a 265 to them...

with that much stretch your going to be able to clean the inside of your wheel lip.

if this is your daily driver you must be able to handle a very rough ride, slammed on bcs like you are with 3/4" of side wall

i on a previous car i had 255/30/22s on a 9.5" wheel on stock suspension and it beat me up pretty good.

one wrong move on a pot hole and there goes your wheel, you got balls sr. hah

#28 ·
KS-F's? DAyyyyymn DAT **** CRAY!!!

#30 ·
I mean VS-KF!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.