Pontiac G8 Forum banner

strange issue with my car

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  hpjunke 
#1 ·
I don't know what's going on here but my car has been acting strange over the past couple of days .. Abs fault , check engine light , contact dealer flash ,stability trac comes off and on speedometer jumps all over and stays in second it was totally normal until all of a sudden the speedometer jumps all over and all this stuff starting happening ... whats going on ? seems like a loose connection but where ? I also have a dashhawk which will go blank while all this happening to .. any ideas fellas?

#3 · (Edited)
I have but it does the same thing , I have also un plugged my ecu and it was fine driving 10 miles or so until today on the way to work

ok this morning the dash hawk was connected I unplugged it again and everything seems fine .. as i drove it around at my work . I haven't driven the car since monday evening for about 3 miles and so far so good .

#5 ·
HPjunke, how is it going dude, what have you heard about Fontucky?, damn it is been a big while since the last day we were there., Last i heard the owners were thinking to pitch money to finally raise a big wall to quiet down the noise in the track surrounding areas.

Like Gopherit said, i also think your Dashhwk might be having a little issue with your odb2 communication port, and might be causing this problem.

Try this,
Disconnect the battery from the trunk (negative cable)
Remove PCM and TCM fuses
Get a beer
re-install fuses back
Reconnect battery

Hope this would fix it, don't plug the dashhawk in the meantime and drive normal. if you don't see this conditions for days, consider replacing the dashhawk or if it's one of the new model ones, check the OS code to make sure you're running the latest release.

If this doesn't fix it, you'll have to take it to the dealer for diagnosis.

Good Luck.

#6 ·
Hey d whats up bro? yeah i have heard about fontuckie and im looking forward to going back there however being a home owner now the g8 took a little time off from me and now its time to get these parts i got on it . hopefully taxes are good to me so i can get a stall , Both of you guys were right the dashhawk is messing up my car . I took it out completely and its fine now . its an older unit i had it in the tbss i will have to find another i liked that thing .I also wanna get my challenger out to fontuckie and see what it really is all about .. i just need to do some alignment stuff and i really wanna run that thing on slicks since i built it I never had it out on a track or a full on dyno but ill have to trailer it out there since its not freeway worthy but hopefully i can get both cars out that day ..

#9 ·
Betchya it is the alternator going...thats exactly what mine did, if it goes into "battery saver mode" then I REALLY bet that's what it is.

I got an electrical burning smell in late September and once more in November, nothing ever came of it, and then this Monday I started getting all kinds of faults, ABS turning itself off along w/ ESP, battery save mode, alternator light, speedo/tach dropping etc.

Bad alternator was the culprit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.