Pontiac G8 Forum banner

ASE-TURBO kit

10K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  TyG8GXP 
#1 ·
Ok guys. I have done a lot of research and tons of emails to the guys at ASE about their turbo kit for the VE Commodore. Next year I will be jumping on this kit. Kit is the gt1000 (gt-51) kit

Garrett GT4502R turbo
Tial 44mm Wastegate
600x300x75 core size, intercooler
3 inch intercooler piping and silicone joiners with hoseclamps
Oil drain kit including turbo feed lines
Water feed kit
Custom made washer and coolant overflow reservoir
K&N pod air filter
HPC coating

I plan on doing a engine build to support this kit as well as fuel and tranny. I was told by them with a fully built motor and 20+ lbs of boost I could be looking at 850-900hp. My plan is to dd this car at 10lbs and make 500-600 street and on race tune, e85 and 20lbs 800hp.

What are your thoughts on this? And would any of y'all be interested in this kit if I did become the ginniepig on this?

Auto part Font Automotive super charger part

Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Fuel line

Land vehicle Vehicle Engine Auto part Car

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

See less See more
#3 ·
That's what I thought. But they have told be because of the size of the turbo and how's it's fed. It spools up very quick and the power is very good.

#4 ·
i guess they kinda like the house of boost turbos (no turbo lag) but its really starts low rpms. well the one u wanna talk to is Daniel Linnett bout his set up he had upgraded everything on his set up but he had twins and ran 10s

but im guessing ur gonna swap out the pulleys for race time and dally driver days running 20lbs constantly not always a good thing also if u run twin u can run the turbso on lower psi

#5 ·
Single will be fine. Spool will also be good with it up front. Should be alot of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#11 ·
Yea I'm planning on doing a very low compression motor. Ad trans. Idk yet. Maybe a zl1 6l90 or th400.

#12 ·
Did they say how much this kit costs?

#13 ·
I can't discuss price right because we are in the process of getting a price. I'm trying to get them to make this kit Available to us here in the states. But once I get pricing I will post it.

#16 ·
If you're wanting it for a dd, why not just go Maggie 2300 with a rear cog drive. That what I did on stock engine (other than livernois stage 1 cam kit) stock driveline and rear end and put down right at 592 rwhp. Plus it's real fun to drive because I'm already over 500 ft lbs tq at 2200 rpm. Just my 2 cents.

#17 ·
Drew dog. Yes that's the kit. And I don't wanna go with a supercharger. That will not single me out in a crowd. Everyone is doing Maggie or procharger. Why not change it up and do a turbo setup. There are twin set ups roaming around here but you don't see a single. There is maybe 2-3 people that I know of that have done a single turbo kit. I'm not a follower. I'm a LEADER!!!!!!!lol

#18 ·
Turbo is the way to go, that GT4502 is a beast! I like being the only one in my area, but I like my turbos down low for some weird reason.

#19 ·
Lol, I can understand that, but I would like to think i'm a tiny bit unique. Most of the GT's have the 1900 while the GXP's have the 2300. Also, not many went with the cog drive, so a 2300 with rear cog drive is a least a smidge unique haha. But I know what you mean, a single turbo is indeed very rare in our cars.

#20 ·
Lol, I can understand that, but I would like to think i'm a tiny bit unique. Most of the GT's have the 1900 while the GXP's have the 2300. Also, not many went with the cog drive, so a 2300 with rear cog drive is a least a smidge unique haha. But I know what you mean, a single turbo is indeed very rare in our cars.
Nice setup. I believe Vegasnate is the same: GT, 2300, rear cog drive, CAM. I believe that's what I saw, heard and drove-in when I saw the car in person in Vegas. LOL.

I'll take any FI but a turbo would be unique.

#22 ·
Thanks bud. I hope this all comes out ok.

#25 ·
Yeah I bought Parish's G8 and added to it... a lot lol!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.