Pontiac G8 Forum banner

VMS giving me the shaft?

2K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  gr8lover 
#1 ·
I bought a VMS powercal cable from someone and of course I know they are vin locked. I Called VMS to see about getting it unlocked and also buying a tune... $175 to unlock and 350 for the tune? Ive seen people on here saying they only charge 75 to unlock the vin? Hmm

#3 ·
The car is stock and I just need the cable unlocked and the guy at vector said it was 175$. Many people on the board are saying they've had theirs unlocked by VMS for only 75 bucks if you buy a tune from them which i plan on doing.

#6 ·
Reprogram fee is $75. I don't think they will unlock it though, just reprogram for the new VIN.

#8 ·
And thanx for reminding me. I have a VMS cable and extra ECM to get rid of!

#11 ·
Join the crowd. I have one here just collecting dust! No real use in trying to sell it to make maybe $10.

#9 ·
+1 on the call before you buy.... and also +1 on call them/ or send them a email and ask for the price again... could be a misunderstanding... and for sure they wont just unlock it.... It is also possible they raised their price... good luck

#18 ·
Thanks to Steve and the secretary at Vector we got it all straightened out. Should have my tune in a couple days. It was 75 bucks to Unlock and 350 for the tune because there was no tune to transfer since the car is on the stock tune now. The misunderstanding was, its 75 to unlock and 175 to transfer the tune as Steve stated above.

#20 ·
Got my tune put on the other day. WOW what a difference. WOT is just crazy with the transmission tune. 1 Happy VMS customer here. While I was cruising down 75 testing the tune i caught pretty big rock to the lower grill. Looks like ill need a new one. Just My Luck!

#21 ·
Good to hear !!!!! VMS is great in my opinion!!! Love working with them!! hey next time you have your car there.... or going there let me know.... maybe we could coordinate rides!!! I am sure my car will be there for some "secret stuff:)" there this spring.... hey I live in Erie just down telegraph... if you ever see me in my driveway... stop by!! probably wont have car out and back home till first week of april but thats not too far away! I am sure I will see you around...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.