Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Ported/Modified intake VS Stock Manifold PICS :)

22K views 72 replies 30 participants last post by  dieselracer 
#1 · (Edited)
Here you go guys... i just finished the swap. big thanks to rick crawford (g8-4speed)

Here are the dyno # from BEFORE & AFTER jumped 6whp & 18 # of trq
Before= Vararam Intake
After=ORSSOM intake, Ricks Ported TB & Modified intake manifold. With no changes to the tune.

See less See more
#44 ·
Rick,

Do you give up anything on the bottom end? I am going to install a pretty heafty cam.... 230/242 and power down low will be a wash compared to stock until it gets on the cam. It will be a road course/dd car...not a 1/4 car.

#45 ·
The Intake should be better everywhere since the port size and length is not changed
. Since you make the biggest airflow demand at peak hp and tq, this is where it should have the most gain at. There is a dyno comparison on New Era Facebook page with a G8 using that cam and making a swap to this Intake. Ran a PB at the track 11.67@119 on street tires, then had it dyno'd and retuned, picked up more power, with a final gain of 18hp. His numbers were around 476 to the tires....

#46 ·
I doubt i will see 476 to the tires since i am still on stock heads,longtubes, cai and a home tune...I was thinking somewhere around 400whp. If was to get anywhere near 476 with this setup, I would consider going back to high school to relearn my math skills. Since you have some knowledge of this cam, how does it perform. I told them i did not want a peak only cam since it will be for roadcourse and d/d.

#48 ·
Thats my plan as far as keeping the revs up. I also went ahead and got a cloyes hex adjust timing chain and an edelbrock timing cover so i can play with the powerband a little. Plus if i don't like the cam, it will be an easier swap with the timing cover and the link lifters in place. I'm not expecting for the power to come on till around 3k or so,but if i want to advance it a little (pv clearance willing),I can move it down a few hundred.

#50 ·
Rick....or anybody else,

Can you pm me what the cost is I have a spare intake that i can send out and might want to do this in the near future.

I also have a Pat G. recomendation for a cam that i will more than likely get after my next turn around as well. With my setup, it will be real easy to swap a cam in/out.

#51 ·
I have a question...I only see where this has been done to the 6.0 GT's.... Have any done this on the GXP? If so, what were the mods and what were the gains? I'd consider this as one of my next mods as I will be trying to get into the 11s with just bolt ons, drag wheel setup, and a stall.

#52 ·
U get any TB cores in Rick?! :)

#54 ·
nice

#56 ·
In case some of you didn't see my other thread in the dyno section, I upgraded to Rick's intake, ported TB, and a UDP and picked up 6/12 at the rear wheels.

#59 ·
Big thanks to Rick Crawford. I installed his intake and a SLP underdrive pulley this winter. Best time last fall was 13.1 @108.44 2.02 60ft. I ran this past weekend and had my personal best 12.8 @ 110.67 1.99 60ft.

I know some of that was the UDP but I got to give the most credit to that intake. To pick up 3 tenths and over 2 mph was very impressive.

#60 ·
:popcorn2:
Big thanks to Rick Crawford. I installed his intake and a SLP underdrive pulley this winter. Best time last fall was 13.1 @108.44 2.02 60ft. I ran this past weekend and had my personal best 12.8 @ 110.67 1.99 60ft.

I know some of that was the UDP but I got to give the most credit to that intake. To pick up 3 tenths and over 2 mph was very impressive.
:boink:

#61 ·
what was the DA both days? My buddy just ran in some negative -912ft DA last Thursday and its normally +2800-3200 DA... if thats similar DA then hats off!

#62 ·
DA was +100 on the 13.1 pass and the DA was -200/-300 on the 12.80 pass, although later in the day when the DA was around 0 I was able to make a 12.88 pass. The gains are there for sure.

#64 ·
There have been a few direct swap dynos on this intake, just nothing with a FAST yet. The link is for a LS2 setup, not a LS3. Google: rick crawford port intake

There have been 5-6 dyno tests on it on various dynos. All have done well. PatG has even had it on the dyno several times now...

#68 ·
I emailed Rick and we set up a time he could work on my heads/TB and intake. As busy as he is and how everyone is trying to get his stuff, I'd suggest you contact him and set up a timeframe when he is available (lock out his time with an appointment). It made my transaction go very smoothly and he was able to commit his time to my project (Thanks Rick!!!).

#70 ·
One of the best mods I've done to G8!!!
I've got the dyno sheet to prove it too.

In reference to your tune, make sure it isn't locked after its tuned........
I've seen more than one fellow G8 owners pay for tune and get locked out on future tunes unless they go back to the same tuner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.