Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Plasti dip painted trim question

765 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  strykerg8 
#1 ·
Does anyone have experience with Plasti Dip paint? Not the spray paint. Can this can be applied smooth/streak free? I want to know if this is as resilient as the spray paint.

I am thinking about trying this on my window trim. I've used the the spray paint on the pontiac emblems, front grill chrome and also the front nostrils on my hood. I've had the same paint on those since August and I've put over 12k miles on since then. The plasti dip is holding up great.

I think I am going to try this and if it does not work I'll be getting the shadow line tape.

#2 ·
Not what you were asking for, but just saying... I used Duplicolor Trim Black paint on my window trim and with proper prep it will look great and holds up perfectly. I did mine about 6 months ago and havent had a single issue. Do a search for and you'll see my posts on it.

#3 ·
Do you HAVE to take the trim off? I'd rather not take the trim off if possible. I tried once but I broke the first clip and decided against it. That's one of the reasons I was thinking about the plastidip paint.

I have heard only good things about that trim paint though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.