Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Tune Check

798 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  JESUSFREAK702 
#1 ·
Well I hope I uploaded the file correctly. If I did, can one of the tuning guru's check the tune on my car to see if anything needs to be changed. Just kind of curious how it stacks up. It was tuned using HP Tuners

Attachments

#2 ·
Here are my .02 cents, the MAF was scaled by -12% all the way across, i doubt the MAF is actually tuned, so makes me wonder how the VE was tuned, it doesn't seem stock, also why modify the knock sensors transient/eq ratio ?, besides the tune, do you have part throttle fueling logs and WOT fueling logs with WB ?
Also in concept, E85 stoich is 9.7x, i don't know anybody using 9.7 because of the blends, the stioch is higher than that.
It seems a fairly basic tune with trans TM upshift disabled and some skipped corners in general.

#3 ·
What did you call me? lol JK. I understood very little of what you said. I am very new to HP Tuners and even newer to tuning. I'm going to have to work on getting part throttle and WOT logs.

A buddy of mine was the one doing the tuning and unfortunately he is in Vegas and tuned it without looking at any logs. When I get the logs posted up hopefully i can do some of the adjustments myself.

I really appreciate you taking the time to take a look at it for me. I'll try to get those logs in the next couple of days.

#5 ·
What did you call me? lol JK. I understood very little of what you said. I am very new to HP Tuners and even newer to tuning. I'm going to have to work on getting part throttle and WOT logs.

A buddy of mine was the one doing the tuning and unfortunately he is in Vegas and tuned it without looking at any logs. When I get the logs posted up hopefully i can do some of the adjustments myself.

I really appreciate you taking the time to take a look at it for me. I'll try to get those logs in the next couple of days.
Who's your buddy in Vegas?

#4 ·
I guess he just gave you a base tune then, which now make more sense because how the tune looks like. Good luck, hope to see your progress with this calibration.

Have fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.