Pontiac G8 Forum banner

G8 GT vs '07 SRT-8 Superbee

8K views 104 replies 33 participants last post by  Deuuuce 
#1 · (Edited)
A friend of mine picked up a 2007 SRT-8 Charger Superbee and wanted to see how it would compare.
He's stock and wanted a baseline to measure how well it performed against me.

50-120 (same outcome twice)

2007 SRT-8 Charger Superbee vs G8

http://youtu.be/vzlFacyhmpU

#35 · (Edited)
My buddy has a 2012 SRT8 Charger. No way a G8 GT is keeping up with those even with bolt-on mods. That thing is not only ridiculously fast, the interior and technology is amazing. The entire SRT8 lineup for 2012+ is incredibly impressive. Cherokee, Challenger, Charger, 300 etc. I'd like to hear some race stories though!

#36 · (Edited)
ive busted a new 392 challenger and charger. But they are no joke. 12.5's @ 112ish stock. You had better have a beast of a top end like mine if you want to pull on one of those.

The 392 Challenger i raced was from a 50-140+ highway hit. by 140 I had close to a bus length on him... it sounded mean as hell though

#39 ·
Troy I shoulda known if any NA GT could take a 392 it would be your beastly sweet ride! Nice work man. Seriously impressive.

I don't think the one I ran was a 2012...My car can go around corners, not just in a straight line. Take a G8 over that Mopar junk anytime !
LOL you're really underestimating the new SRT8 lineup. They can handle AND have gobs of HP and torque. Seriously, they should be respected, though like you, I do prefer our G8's ;) I went to the SRT8 Track Experience with my buddy since they get an invite and guest when a new SRT8 is purchased. After spending all day in any number of new SRT8's I walked away thoroughly impressed.

2013 Dodge Charger SRT8: Impressive by any standard.
"Lurking in the engine bay is a 392 cubic-inch V8 that produces 470 horsepower and 470 lb-ft of torque. That's enough power to scoot the big sedan from zero-to-60 mph in the mid four-second range. The quarter-mile flashes by in under 13 seconds, and top speed is a claimed 175 mph."

#42 ·
They made multiple runs with several different tunes to see how each stacked up.

#49 ·
Dude... WTF are you getting at? How is this relevant to anything in this thread? Okay so... now they are Holdens. But they were always Holdens and Dodges are still Dodges. What's the point? This has nothing to do with the performance characteristics of either car.

I get it. You like your car. We all do. If you have nothing to contribute to the conversation, other than bashing on anyone that might have a different point of view, then you will continue live a delusional life. If you ever get to Bowling Green, KY, I’ll give you the opportunity to see the tail lights of a modded SRT8.

#50 ·
Dude... WTF are you getting at? How is this relevant to anything in this thread? Okay so... now they are Holdens. But they were always Holdens and Dodges are still Dodges. What's the point? This has nothing to do with the performance characteristics of either car.

I get it. You like your car. We all do. If you have nothing to contribute to the conversation, other than bashing on anyone that might have a different point of view, then you will continue live a delusional life. If you ever get to Bowling Green, KY, I’ll give you the opportunity to see the tail lights of a modded SRT8.
Hmmm. Kentucky. That explains alot. The whole purpose of my post was discuss the superior handling characteristics of the G8 versus the SRT. How bout we get together on a ROAD course, (not dirt track) where you have to make some left AND right turns. (not NASCAR) We'll see just how much of that big bad power you can put down without spinning it off the track. Then you can watch my quads go down the road. The G8 is just a better all around package. That would be my point.

#51 ·
I love my car just as much as the next guy. But Chrysler makes some nice cars. I checked out a 392 300C and the interior was extremely nice. The engine bay was fantastic, exterior was very clean lookin.

Maybe consider putting forth some useless insight other than being a fan boy? That being said what are your mods Trans? Because I'll go ahead and say Willy will leave you in the dust.

Not to mention if Chrysler does factory SC/ 8 speed I might consider having a new DD while the G becomes my garage queen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#54 ·
I love my car just as much as the next guy. But Chrysler makes some nice cars. I checked out a 392 300C and the interior was extremely nice. The engine bay was fantastic, exterior was very clean lookin.

Maybe consider putting forth some useless insight other than being a fan boy? That being said what are your mods Trans? Because I'll go ahead and say Willy will leave you in the dust.

Not to mention if Chrysler does factory SC/ 8 speed I might consider having a new DD while the G becomes my garage queen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Fan boy...Really. What forum are you posting on ??? The 300 is a pimp ride. :pimp: I've had my car for 2 months. Its cold here, and I do not have access to a heated garage. The mods are coming in the spring. Till then, I'll just have to keep leaving on SRT's in stock form. I did state that I'm not totally anti Chrysler. I do like the Challenger, cause they chose to leave it alone unlike its Charger stablemate that looks like a truck. And Fiat will eventually get around to teaching them how to make cars. Slick Willy would take me in a straight line I'm sure, but on a track, I'd give him a run for his money. Nuff said... I'm done with you guys.

#76 ·
Transporter,

What kind of car did you have before the G8?
2006 Pontiac Solstice 2.4 liter with Hahn turbo... 314 RWHP... Eibach springs. Chassis braces. Dunlop Direzza Z-1 tires. Stuck like glue and ran like a scalded dog. A blast to track at Nelsons Ledges at least four times a year. Researched the G8 for a whole year before making my decision. I'm glad I did. I love it.

#55 ·
I'm not from KY. I will be stationed there when I return. LOL. I'm from Arkansas. Go ahead with the jokes. As if you're the first.

As for Transporter you need an education on car characteristics. The SRT, ALL SRTs of ALL years, is designed to go around road courses as well as straight lines. That’s why they send you to the SRT Experience (see below) when you purchase one, to teach the owner how to track the car. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, the G8 GT stock to stock can’t outperform the SRT8 line up of the same year. That doesn’t mean that the G8 is a bad performer, it just means the GXP is more along the lines of the same model year SRT8. As for the cornering performance of Dodges, I refer you to the Nürburgring times of the Viper ACR. Dodges can’t handle…… :nonono: (see below) I went to VIR to continuously track the car. If it is maximum straight line performance you wish for, I refer you to (see below). Mike and I had our cars done at the same shop except he is stock displacement and I am not.

http://www.drivesrt.com/srt-track-experience/

http://jalopnik.com/5840489/dodge-viper-acr-sets-new-nurburgring-lap-time-of-712and-some-change

Anything else?

#74 ·
I'm not from KY. I will be stationed there when I return. LOL. I'm from Arkansas. Go ahead with the jokes. As if you're the first.

As for Transporter you need an education on car characteristics. The SRT, ALL SRTs of ALL years, is designed to go around road courses as well as straight lines. That’s why they send you to the SRT Experience (see below) when you purchase one, to teach the owner how to track the car. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, the G8 GT stock to stock can’t outperform the SRT8 line up of the same year. That doesn’t mean that the G8 is a bad performer, it just means the GXP is more along the lines of the same model year SRT8. As for the cornering performance of Dodges, I refer you to the Nürburgring times of the Viper ACR. Dodges can’t handle…… :nonono: (see below) I went to VIR to continuously track the car. If it is maximum straight line performance you wish for, I refer you to (see below). Mike and I had our cars done at the same shop except he is stock displacement and I am not.

http://www.drivesrt.com/srt-track-experience/

http://jalopnik.com/5840489/dodge-viper-acr-sets-new-nurburgring-lap-time-of-712and-some-change

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMY5MyYiTJQ

Anything else?

In closing... Lets talk money shall we. Mr. Smiths car, though impressive has at least four times the money I spent on my car, probably more. Your car also. The Viper... Really... The new Vette will kill it. G8 suspension was also developed at the Nurburging. You belittle the GT although most people who have driven both cars can hardly notice the difference between the suspension nor the engine. End of story.

#57 ·
This thread is steadily heading towards bad things. Please, no more bashing. Debating is one thing but the staff here will not tolerate bashing of other members. Enough said. Back on track please....

#59 ·
JAX did you quit on the Bee mods or what? What did you end up with? I was hoping to get down there for a meet and greet but kept ending up overseas and eventually moved then overseas again. LOL

If all things being perfect and on a tire it "should" touch 11s. But probably not with me driving it. Other than a crate GEN III 392 and I/E/T nothing has been done. I had dyno sheets but spilled my drinks on them and they all washed out so I only post what I could prove although it is lower than the truth.

#63 ·
Hey!! I'm still stock!

And keep in mind that some cars are built, from the factory, better or worse than others. To wit, I did a round trip from S. GA to Mid-west GA and back w/a buddy who owned a stock '06 Charger SRT8 and we had the opportunity to play on the interstate and backroad County roads. I with 2 people on-board and he w/just himself...we were VERY equally matched w/me being perhaps a scosh faster. I was impressed w/that car's ability for sure.

It started my mod bug but I've been taking aspirin so I'm good.

And I think the SRT8's are awesome looking if in Black.

#65 ·
Willys, didnt quit on the Bee. Just been working on the G8 more. And anyone looking for sympathy should quit. Keep this conversation civil or it will be shut down, by me. Everyone loves their car, thats why they're here. I happen to own both and like them both. And Willys has been here for awhile and likes the G8 as well. So, with all this being said, get back on the original topic or this will be closed and possibly more.....

#75 ·
I believe Willy is spot on in his assertions of stock vs stock cars. The fact is that once you mod a car everything gets thrown on its head. lets just leave it at that.

Nice kill OP. 50mph is a great speed for the GT to roll race on with stock gears. I don't think it is a good speed at all for the Super Bee though. At least it wasn't for my friends SRT8 when we race. Dead spots in the power band suck. But like all good roll racers, dictating the start speed is the first step to winning...

#79 ·
:popcorn2:

#81 · (Edited)
:banghead: LOL.
You have to admit the amount of publicity that controversy brings to the forums, is a good thing.

#82 ·
I agree with you there Willy.

Also this thread has gone way off topic and reading the last couple pages you wouldn't even know what the OP intended to share in this thread. So with that I would like to ask that we respect the OP and leave any comments we have going forward geared towards the OP's topic.

#86 ·
I've run a gazzilion SRT8s and I am not surprised at all about the beat down you gave a stock one from that speed. They just aren't good roll racers from the MPH. A diablo tuned one would have been a little more interesting from a different speed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.