Pontiac G8 Forum banner

G8 GXP coming to Mecum in Jan 2013; only 900 miles

7K views 61 replies 32 participants last post by  TryMe 
#1 · (Edited)
G8 GXP coming to Mecum in Jan 2013; only 1005 miles

Scheduled for Mecum® Kissimmee FL Auction on 1/25/13. Only 1005 miles with every option. However, since this is an automatic the "every option" claim is not totally true as the 6-speed manual was a $695 option.

UPDATE: Sold for $43,000 + buyer's commission.

See less See more
#2 ·
Will be interested to see how this goes. Don't remember one crossing the block before now but I certainly could have missed one.

#22 ·
Sale price includes buyer's premium of 10% of hammer price so it hammered at $40,500.

The one which is the subject of this thread will likely not bring that kind of money since it is an automatic. The color and low miles will help it, but the seller will have a reserve on it. Mecum's practice is to ghost bid (acutioneer pretends he has bids coming from all over the room but those in the room can't tell from whom becuase the auctioneer is moving too quickly) to bid the price right up to a point just below the reserve and then hope that someone in the room (a real buyer) bids on it and at that point it has sold. If smart money is in the room when it crosses the block it won't bring reserve and the bid will go on.

BJ

#6 ·
I'm sure the point for those that have the means too is keep it as a collector car. Let it set and appreciate in value and sell in 20-30 years. But I'm with you, I couldn't buy a nice car and park it, I'd drive the hell out of it. But I guess that's why I'd never make a good car collector lol.

#8 ·
I hope he puts fenders on that trailer before hauling it, sure would suck to get rock chips in the paint from a trailer wheel haha

#9 ·
Very cool. Hope its shown on TV..

#12 ·
mine has 4200 on it,(PBGXPM6) as I have a company truck and not a whole lotta time to drive it. plus my 67 2+2, 02 SSEi, wifes Buick and a 67 GTO though its in the restoration stage.
I certainly dont have a ton of dough but have saved for years and always thought if I could time machine back to 67 and buy a new GTO, then the GXP being my last chance to realize a modern version of that dream. if that makes any sense. I dont have the bucks to keep up with the maintenance of all these cars,so I do what I can. I just love Pontiacs. everybody has different situations,and I dont ever plan on selling the GXP. ever.

#20 ·
it isn't a manual? Meh, I bet it doesn't do so hot. little early to start auctioning them this guy must need $$ bad whomever he is.

#21 ·
...this guy must need $$ bad whomever he is.
I seriously doubt any seller at a Mecum auction needs money bad. They may want more money, but he/she is not in need of money. There are many ways to unload a car easy & fast and a Mecum auction is not one of them.

#23 ·
This suppose to cross the block at 1:15pm est. Mecum starts coverage at 1:00 pm on Velocity channel. I'll be watching, since I'm off today. I've been watching since wednesday.

#24 ·
$38k is my guess. We have a local pool going on the price... :D

I agree with most in that I buy things to drive them, not collect them. I collect records, but I still play them, I have a vintage motorcycle that I ride all the time. Can't justify just keeping it in the garage........

#25 ·
The mirror is not a PSM mirror, rather a chrome cap that is available as an accessory for G8's. F'ugly if you ask me, he also had a stick-on blind spot mirror on the mirror face, probably a guy who can't bend his neck and wants more bling bling or something.

But the mirror cap is a removable chrome cover, I've seen others with it on, and it seems just to be reflecting whatever is next to it in the shop.

#29 ·
Thanks for the reminder, dvr set. Just because it sits in the garage now doesn't mean it always will. I have one sitting right now because I don't really need it right now. Five years from now when I need a car, maybe it will be my daily driver. It wasn't intended as an investment, but I knew it would be impossible to find what I wanted 5 years from now without getting price gouged by someone.

#32 ·
It went for $43000. Reserve came off at $40000.More than I thought.

#33 ·
too much in my opinion. I thought max 40.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.