Pontiac G8 Forum banner

G8 GT vs Camaro SS (killed)

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  768MPH 
#1 ·
Met up with a friend that has 2012 Camaro SS L99 A6; he just installed some TSP 1 7/8" LTs and mufflers delete with a tune. He dynoed at 369rwhp.

Made several runs from 45-120; got the last one on video. Same outcome every time.

This is my first Pat G tune, as in, no tweaks or revisions, just the first tune he sent me to datalog info on. I suspect with some tweaking i can keep the pull from the camaro down.

http://youtu.be/_httgzBIBwU

#13 ·
Check. Put some Eibach springs on her and eliminate the hop for cheap. I never hop.

OP, you need more power! My car is a DD, and aside from scary MPG the G8 is great. 6.2 cam'd, stalled, full exhaust and intake and I put over 5000 miles on her this month. They're pretty reliable when they are an 11-second car, but faster than that I am not sure.

#8 ·
Yeah, contemplating a 100 shot next. Haha

But seriously, my original mindset was get intake/full exhaust/tune and I'd be set with performance. Thought it would be enough to take most and hang with most on the street. :-/

Want to start working on suspension next (bushings mostly) and then some new brake pads (maybe new rotors.)

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#10 ·
But seriously, my original mindset was get intake/full exhaust/tune and I'd be set with performance. Thought it would be enough to take most and hang with most on the street. :-/
Ha ha...........wrong mind set to have. There are alot of cars out there with a lot of money put in them. Hell, when I went to the Livernois track day in October there were 3 G8s there. Mine was the slowest one (by ALOT) and Ive got much more than exhaust/CAI and tune.

In all seriousness.....Im just messing with ya, but its true.

#12 ·
Mine is a DD as were the two others I mentioned that could blow my doors off. I have a mild cam and stock stall.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.