Pontiac G8 Forum banner

GXP M6 guys...

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  LBV 
#1 ·
Any of you thought about swapping in a 2013 1LE Camaro rearend in your GxP M6? It has crossed my mind, but wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on it. I think it would be a great swap if you planned on staying N/A.

#6 ·
So factory 3.91s isn't "more" gear? :drink:

#7 ·
1LE has a 3.91.
ZL1 has a 3.73 but has a cooler.

#10 ·
I've been wanting to try the 3.45 but not the 3.91.
The supercharger changes everything :D

#11 ·
I'm the same way, my old ctsv ran 12.1s at 125 mph, and I wanted to go from the factory 3.73s, down to the 3.42s from the V6 models. Lol

#12 ·
I've thought about it too but maybe do the 4.11's from Richmond gears. I'm just not sure the bump from 3.70 to 3.91 would be worth the cost.

Having said that the Richmond's have been breaking on the Camaro's but those were the supposedly weaker 4.10's.

Lashway Motorsports will send you a complete pumpkin with the gears already installed if you didn't want to open yours up and just do the gears alone (it can be tricky setting them up to not get gear whine).

http://www.lashwaymotorsports.com/s...2010-camaro-mail-order-gear-swap-package.html

#13 ·
I actually wouldn't mind going to 3.45 from the stock gear for more relaxed freeway driving.

#15 ·
Haven't considered it. Not sure if there's enough benefit for the cost. Doubt you'd get any significant quarter mile performance gain that couldn't be attributed to variation in driver inputs.

Also should consider any drone from exhaust systems on highways at the higher rpm.

Would be curious to see someone do it, though.

#16 ·
I would think the whole thing would bolt right up? This would be good for someone doing a slightly taller tire/wheel package on their g8 gxp m6

#18 ·
Others have already bolted a reg Camaro diff into a G8 no problem. Now the 1LE diff may be a different issue.
The drone is at around 1800 so a 3.91 or more would move the rpm's higher and out of the drone range so it'll be better not worse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.