Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Auto Shift Boot and Sharkfin on the way

3K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  HAWK17 
#1 · (Edited)
Auto Shift Boot and Sharkfin on the way(now with pics!!)

Just placed an order for both of these. Boot will be black with color matched double stitching in a 4 panel design. Also ordered the boot 1" extra long as suggested by another person on a different forum.

#2 ·
Link to the autoshift boot?

#4 ·
Looks really cool, I like it.

#5 ·
I didn't go with anything fancy like stripes or quad stitching. I wanted to keep it clean and looking proper, cant wait to get it installed.

#7 ·
Personally I dont like the arm rest. Some of the ones I have seen installed looked "loose" mind you this could be user error as redline has had tons of happy customers and their work seems top notch.

Off topic but im really tempted to find a carbon fiber overlay kit for the silver trim. While I dont mind the silver the carbon looks really good.

#16 ·
The "loose" look is probable due to the installation. Mine looks fine.
I padded it slightly, but it's not necessary. Looks 100% better than the stock rubber disaster.
Haven't tackled the shift boot yet.

#8 ·
farsighted770 does you boot pop out at all? I heard that was an issue hence why I ordered it an extra inch longer.

#10 ·
Hahaha alright thanks for the heads up. It did say on their website that the ring is a PITA. Im pumped to get this though, seems so minor yet makes everything look so much better. Always felt the shifter was flapping in the wind...

#12 ·
Oh i meant visually it looked like it was flapping in the wind.

#14 ·
Neither have shipped yet, god I hate waiting for mods, worst feeling ever!

#15 ·
Sharkfin arrived yesterday, and the boot will be here next monday! not sure when I will get that fin on, perhaps this weekend.

#17 ·
I may do the arm rest in the future but after these go in I think its time for some more GO mods. Thinkin Rick Crawford Intake Manifold and TB.

#18 ·
Boot came early! will be putting it on tomorrow along with the fin, ill take plenty of pictures I promise! because if I dont we all know what happens....:worthless:

#19 ·

Also debaged the rear and got rid of the small gm plates on the sides as well. Excuse the dirty car its not always like that I promise!

#20 ·
Like the boot. May have to do this!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.