Pontiac G8 Forum banner

New Best: 11.20@125!!

4K views 34 replies 22 participants last post by  TechKnow 
#1 ·
Went 11.46 on a Zex 100 shot (75whp), went 11.20 on a Zex 125 shot (100whp). The Camaro gears help for sure, 60' so much easier! It's been a little while since my car shifted right, still using manual mode though. DA was 852!

See less See more
#2 ·
Holy .... Very nice runs!!!

#6 ·
#4 ·
Awesome times! The bottle really helps put out some kick @ss times.....

What wheel tire combo are you running (at the dragstrip)?

Again, congratulations...... :)

#5 ·
Damn man your car is crazy fast. Congrats on the new PB.

#13 ·
Honestly I don't think it will take that much, probably only a little better 60' or lower DA along with 125whp. And I was still running through the stock mufflers, would of been an easy 11.1x without those since they are 50'ish lbs. Although it's fun going mid-low 11's silently... you get some funny looks!

By the way nice times!!
Thanks

Very nice
Thanks

You guys have to see his car in person. It's crazy fast!
Thanks! Now I just have to convince you guys to get some more mods! Its cool having some other G8's at the track finally.

#12 ·
You guys have to see his car in person. It's crazy fast!

#16 ·
Thanks, trying to get on your level. You need to take a trip out here and run a number when you get it all back together!

Well done! You just got a whole lot closer to the top of the leaders board.

What are your cam specs if you don't mind? RWHP/RWTQ?
Thanks, its a 235/242 aka the Livernois 2R-Max. Makes mid 400's on motor or more if they lock the converter. The nitrous jetting is pretty well dialed in, gains exactly what its rated for.

#17 ·
Congrats- both et and speed!!

#20 ·
Thanks!

Trapping near/at twin turbo territory with a cam & nos! Love it.
Congrats!!!
Thanks!

Damn, that is FAST I expected to see a much larger mod list. You must have done some serious weight reduction?
Thanks, just trying to make the most of what I have. A little weight reduction where its effective, still about 4,000'ish lbs. Normal stuff for the most part: headers are lighter then stock but midpipe has cats and still on stock mufflers, I replaced the battery with a slightly smaller version (saved about 20lbs), I still had my sub box in the trunk and about 30lbs or so of sound dampening, skinnies are about half the stock wheel weight, removed the engine cover, OnStar box, etc..

#18 ·
Trapping near/at twin turbo territory with a cam & nos! Love it.
Congrats!!!

#21 ·
very nice... Great 60 foot

#24 ·
WOW GREAT TIME!!!

You dont get tossed out of the track?? R u caged?
Thanks! They "usually" let you slide on the first one if its close to 11.49 and 11.46 was close enough... then the second run I broke out so I was done for the night anyways.

No cage yet, my buddy can do a cage for me but I don't want one yet...

#25 ·
Did you happen to notice if your converter flash point changed with the new gears? You might actually go quicker with a tighter converter and the gears that you have now. Regardless, really impressive times!

#26 ·
It looked about the same on the dyno, didn't even look at the track. It usually flashes about 4k RPM.

I have been contemplating a converter change since the one I have now seems to chatter a bit at idle, not sure why but if I remember its covered under a 3 year warranty. It seems to work fine otherwise. Chatters in park, goes away in Reverse, comes back in neutral, goes away in drive.

#35 ·
Amazing! Good job!

:gears:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.