Pontiac G8 Forum banner

JBA Long Tubes

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  5litrarag 
#1 ·
I thought id start a thread about the JBA long tubes. Another member on here turned me on to a seller on ebay who has a few sets on clearance. The price was too good to pass up so i bought a set. Here is a pic just out of the box. I apologize in advance, it will be weeks until i am able to install the headers, maybe someone else with more time will get there's on before me.

They came with the O2 extender and the flanges that i assume i will need to weld to my factory exhaust. I was under the impression that they "bolted up" to the factory exhaust. Looking at the pieces here, i dont believe that it the case. No worries, i have a welder, i can make it happen. Just a heads up for those looking for headers.

The headers are stainless, uncoated, I have not decided yet if i want to get them coated for underhood temps or just leave them. I can take more pics if anyone wants. Ill probably at least take a shot of the primary tube just after the flange.

:drink:

See less See more
#2 ·

Not a true 1 3/4" hmmmm. Sorry about the upside down pic. I says 1.592"

#4 ·
I have them on, they are 1-3/4" I measured them because I had tricked myself into thinking I got 1-7/8"

Are you planning on coating them? If you get any snow and its your DD I would suggest it. 400 series stainless will mostl likely not rust through like aluminized or mild steel, but it will probably get surface oxidization if not treated.

I got mine ceramic coated for $200 I think it is worth it.

Bo - these really made an improvement, I got 20+ whp more @ 1500 rpm vs. without. Sound great at startup, and the interior note even at the loudest is not annoying at all (to me anyhow) - really good set for the price IMO.

#5 ·
Thats funny. in my profession we measure all pipe by the id. i guess you learn something new every day.

Boston. Thanks. I was the guy who suggested you get them coated in your thread. I don't get any snow here in the SF Bay Area but I plan on getting them coated anyhow. I just need to find the time

#6 ·
I recently found out they actually come from the factory in 4 finishes - nickel chrome plated mild steel 14 gauge, 409 stainless 16 gauge, silver plated ceramic, and titanium cermaic going from least corrosion/heat-resistant to most. I got mine coated by someone separately, but there was a guy who posted on here about buying JBA headers in the past and having them rust - I guarantee he had the mild steel chrome plated ones now knowing this.

good luck w/ them

#9 ·
Does anyone have the link to these? I'de like to see if there are any more available.Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.