Pontiac G8 Forum banner

GXP registry

170K views 1K replies 525 participants last post by  bracketracer 
#1 · (Edited)
I had a thought, I'd like put together a registry of the G8 GXPs. Post color, trans, sunroof?, vin and general location. You can also say what mods you've done if you like. The vin is optional if your uncomfortable posting it online.

My info:

Sport Red Metallic
Manual
Sunroof
6G2EP57W29L304314
Chicago, IL
Stock

#643 ·
I have to laugh a bit. I used to work for a bank, and printed out a graph back on Sept 9, 2010 when my car was a year old. The purpose of this graph was to show the difference of my residual value from my unpaid balance (for purposes of selling gap insurance). I happened to look at the graph today and laughed. It got my unpaid balance about correct, but the vehicle value was a joke. It estimated the value on my car would be just under $13,000 by now. I guess if it were an average car it might be. I wouldn't consider letting my car go, but if I were forced to I would be starting off at over $30K with 32,000 miles on the odometer. GXPs are holding their values pretty well, even the ones with plenty of miles on them.

#647 ·
Winter time has something to do with it. Whenever the supply starts to exceed demand, prices fall. I expect that to level out or change slightly once spring comes. I also anticipate that the Chevrolet SS will have some impact on values when it rolls out in the 3rd Qtr of 2013. It sounds like it will have the same/similar drivetrain to the G8 GXP, and will have some additional updated features, which may appeal more to some potential buyers. Ultimately, none of us can complain too much about G8 GXP values. I can't recall too many Pontiacs over the years that have had such slow depreciation. I only care about the values as a curiosity, because I won't be parting with mine!

#649 ·
I hate to say it, but I think the SS will lower the value of the GXP. The SS will likely be a better car than the GXP, just because it is newer. I would be surprised if it didn't have a little more HP/Torque and of course it will have a lot more bells and whistles. All our GXPs will have going for them is that they are the last,the most powerful and best driving (from the factory) Pontiacs.

#651 ·
I hate to say it, but I think the SS will lower the value of the GXP. The SS will likely be a better car than the GXP, just because it is newer. I would be surprised if it didn't have a little more HP/Torque and of course it will have a lot more bells and whistles. All our GXPs will have going for them is that they are the last,the most powerful and best driving (from the factory) Pontiacs.
And with the new bells and whistles will come a price tag. I guess we will see but I bet it doesnt effect the value of our GXP's one way or the other.

#653 ·
SS is going to be the HALO car of Chevy (their words not mine). I really dont think the SS will be a car you just walk by your dealer and say "hey look there is an SS". Its going to be limited due to the high exchange rate on the dollar making the car very expensive. You are not going to be buying a SS for 41k like the GXP. My personal guess is 55k+ maybe more, maybe a lot more. This in turn I feel will bring up the value of some of the super clean GXP.

PS not a fan of the new tail lights on the Chevy SS.

#655 ·
Can you tell me my production number?

White Hot
M6
Onyx and Red
Sunroof

Car was originally in Wyoming, I purchased it used, shipped it to South Dakota and next month moving to WA state.
Defiant, once I get home I'll look your info up and drop you a PM.

#656 ·
So, heres something to throw into the mix.

I've got a limited HSV build of 50 examples (just a badge and option special from the Senator Signature) which is also a MY09.5 but am sure your GXP's were built and finished by Holden at the Elizabeth (a suburb of Adelaide in South Australia) plant, whereas, HSV's are finished in Clayton (a suburb of Melbourne in Victoria).

The first letters of the VIN are different (as you'd expect) but the last part of my VIN is L301164.

#658 ·
Hey! I live in Clayton!
Not that one though :(

#657 ·
I don't have my records in front of me, but your car likely went down the assembly line along with G8 GXPs. The GXPs were not built all in sequential order. They went down the line with other Commodore variants, many of which were for export.

#662 ·
No, GXP build numbers are not completely sequential at all. There are large blocks of GXPs that were all in sequence, but then there are gaps throughout production. We also found that VIN and production date don't necessarily sync up. There are a number of cases when a specific car in the build order has a later build date that other cars 1 digit before or after it.

#665 ·
I will look up info for you, and send PMs on your cars this weekend.

Thanks!

#667 ·
Liquid Red
M6
Sunroof
Onyx
6G2EP57W49L309546
Whiteman AFB MO

#669 ·
Thanks to those who posted info. I have sent each of you PMs with your specific vehicle info.

#671 ·
I will have to confirm the numbers from home, but I think I have the location states now for about 1/3 of all the GXPs built, and I have the owners deocumented for about 1/4 of all the GXPs built. There are still a bunch of board members that have not contacted me back when I have pm'ed them for their vehicle info. A few have refused to provide the specifics.