Pontiac G8 Forum banner

2012 CTS-V brakes on LR GXP

8K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  matthewo 
#1 ·
It was time for new rotors and pads, and I have a few track days coming up soon, so it was a good time to do the conversion. I thought about doing red calipers, but that’d be too much red on this car. Maybe yellow, I thought – but didn’t want to show up Scoob. ;) And as much as I like LSX G8's green calipers (excellent writeup with part numbers, for those interested), there’s no way green would work on my car.

Luckily for me, Mike the Powdercoater lives 20 minutes away, so I was able to look at plenty of color samples under different lighting conditions. Great guy, excellent work. I went with a medium gray metallic with red decals, which changes quite a bit, depending on the light:

Four piston versus six piston front caliper:

That's actually a Camaro front on the left but it's the same size as a GXP front caliper. I bought an entire set of Camaro brakes so the front calipers, pads, etc. will be for sale once I take some better photos (as will my OEM brake setup).

CTS-V (370 mm) vs GXP (355 mm) front rotor:

Front fitment:

Trimming the rear dust shield:

Rear fitment:

I checked a Camaro wheel, just to see if it clears (it does):

Front, with dirty rotors:

Rear:

I don't have the e-brake shoes yet, but I can live without an e-brake for a few weeks. Word on the street is Andy will have a fresh batch for us very soon!

See less See more
#2 ·
36 hrs from now, your gonna put those bad boys to work.

#4 ·
Are you going to A.M.P. on the 2nd for the Santa Toy Run?
Ross's car is definitely more prepared than mine is, but I think I will keep pace with him in the straight aways.

#5 ·
Are you going to A.M.P. on the 2nd for the Santa Toy Run?
Ross's car is definitely more prepared than mine is, but I think I will keep pace with him in the straight aways.
I was planning on it but never heard back if they had any spots remaining, so I assumed that was a no. Some idiot on 400 decided to plow into the back of me Monday anyway so it would have set my plans back either way. Car is in the shop now and fortunately these things are built like tanks......not too much damage other than cosmetic.

#6 ·
Sorry to hear man, that's a worst fear coming true right there, glad things are ok though. Hopefully they will do another cheap track day again, what a bargain.

#7 ·
Heck of a bargain for sure! You guys will have a blast and you'll have to get some nice footage with the Go Pro.
Thanks man, I'm just glad the damage wasn't worse. I may have to move up my daily driver plans at this rate.

#11 ·
Looks great, nice job!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#13 ·
LS3GXP: Glad to hear you're ok and that your car will be back on the road soon.

Update: Brakes performed flawlessly yesterday. Weak link was the tires, which I'll be replacing soon. Haven't had time to edit any video yet, but here's a preview of Titanws6 doing a great job of hanging with me in the turns:

#14 ·
what kind of rotors are those.

#17 ·
Good stuff Ross, I am working on mine now as well.

#18 ·
How close it the caliper sitting to the face of the wheel for front and rear?

#20 ·
nice. those brake rotors are alot cheaper then the factory 2pc. 200 each off amazon

the camaro zl1 had brembo 2pc rotors while they are cheap for brembo 2pc its still 700+ for a pair.

#21 ·
What pads are you using? I'm using the stock CTS-V ones and they are ridiculously dusty but work amazing. I'm guessing yours are ceramic?

#23 ·
Those ferro-carbon pads are already pretty good though right? Do you get any squeaking when rolling to a stop at slow speeds?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.