Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Preventing bugs from sticking to front bumper & side mirrors

25K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  prentice 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried any preventative applications to prevent bugs from sticking to your front bumper & sideview mirrors. Or something that makes it easier to wipe them off?

I saw 2 posibilities:

Rejex & Bug Blocker

Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Thanks!

#2 ·
The only thing I can think of is to move from the mid west. I never had this problem in Calif. Hell, after a trip to Springfield IL, I had flies flying around my front bumper after that trip.

#7 ·
Thanks for the info, I'm going to give it a try! :)

#5 ·
The clear paint protection wrap will do the trick. I have it on my car & I have no problems wiping bugs off. Also try wiping down the bumper everytime you drive on the highway. thats where you get most of the bugs from. If you dont, over time all the bug secretions will become a regular part of your bumper. Very hard to get off once its been sitting.

#8 ·
Hands down Rejex is the one. I have been using it for years and it was the first thing I did to the G8 when I got it home. I now have three coats on and the car keeps getting glossier and it makes dirt and bug removal a snap. I have a black car so keeping the dust off is important, blows right off now. I gave up on wax a long time ago.

--Mike

#9 ·
Nice to know. Question for the detailers.... Zaino or Rejex?
Opinions?

#10 ·
You want opinions? Go here:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10

The amount of opinions on the Corvette Forum on Zaino vs Rejex will make you silly. Zaino is an entire system that is quite time consuming to apply. It does a fantastic job if you want to invest the time and effort. The Rejex is a simple to apply, simple to remove product that makes the car look as good as the Zaino but with much less work. I'm for that! My cars are not show cars but I want them to look good and not have to spend a great amount of time getting them that way.

Happy reading!

#11 ·
Being an old fahrt, I totally understand!

#12 ·
I want to try that Rejex... Does it go on OVER the wax or as the wax?

I use Seafoam's bug B gone or something along those lines. Spray it on wait 30 seconds and wipe the bugs off with a wet rag/wash mitt and then wash the car. Works great and there's NO scrubbing.

#16 · (Edited)
This is for anybody but specifically for mj duell & db dave: When using Rejex what should I use to apply it with? Wax pad applicators?

Also, after I've applied it & let it dry/haze for 20 minutes, what type of towel should I use to wipe it off with? (Not cotton, correct?)

Thanks in advance!

#18 ·
I use a foam pad on my orbital buffer to apply it and a made in USA 100% white cotton terry bath towel to remove the haze. A foam wax applicator would work to apply as would microfiber towels. Microfiber will also work well to remove it. I have black, yellow, and gray vehicles and this method works great on all of them.

#20 ·
I've noticed the front of this car is a huge bug magnet.

I've been looking at getting that 3M Scotchgard™ Paint Protection Film for my car, but I think I'd have a professional install it like they recommend. I don't know enough about it and would be afraid that I wouldn't get it installed properly. Unfortunately I don't think there's any one in my area that does that sort of thing. It supposedly helps with the bug mess and prevents paint chips from rocks and other things kicked up on the road though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.