Pontiac G8 Forum banner

E63 AMG - Tie!

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  BigZub 
#1 ·
So, I rolled through Arby's after spending the day with my mom, who is in a rehab center after a nasty fall on Thursday, and pulled out of the lot with a #2 Roast Beef sandwich in hand. Munching on that nice, hot, sammy, I roll up on an E63, I think it was the last vintage. Tinted windows, black wheels, nice sounding exhaust, we leave the light with me behind him. Rolling past some traffic, I get out in front of him and the car in front of him clears.

I move over to the right and put it in Sport mode and ESC off, and he comes up. We're doing about 50, and he hits it just before I did.

He pulls a fender on me, but does not pull on me AT ALL...matter of fact, I'm making that fender back up!! I'm right with him, going around a left curve (so, technically, the longer path!). His girl is in the passenger side looking over, and I look at her and take a nice bite out of my sandwich and smile. She's cracking up, and gives me a thumbs up!

We run up to about 110 and just as I pull even with him, we have to slow for the light and traffic ahead. I give him a thumbs up and he slides over and takes the right.

Each and every day, I am just more impressed with this car! I freaking love that I hung with a much more expensive ride!!! I love the sound of those Mercs, too!

Wish I could have raced him from a dig....

See less See more
#3 ·
That's hilarious! Nice run

#6 ·
So true and the sandwich bite makes a good story even better:)

#5 ·
Nice race... But Arby's?? Gross....
;-)

#8 ·
Nice race... But Arby's?? Gross....
;-)
:stickpoke:
I even eat Arbys roast beefs without sauce:yumyum:

Dont mean to hijack but when I was a kid I loved Hardees, couldnt stand Arbys. Something changed with Hardees back about 15 years ago(roast beef was changed, atleast locally anyway) and Arbys redone theres and been with them ever since. Not like I eat it all the time, maybe a half a dozen times a year, but Im thinkin Arbys:judge:

#7 ·
Nice run! I never posted about this but I also had a run a few weeks back with a 2011-2012 CLS E63 AMG. It was the one with the bi-turbo 5.5L v8, likely the 518 hp version. From 30-90 we were dead tied and neither pulled an inch. While I wasn't eating a sandwich, I was still very happy lol!!

Bo, hope you got my text from earlier. We are out of town this weekend.

#9 ·
Thanks. And yes, Arby's. About 10 times a year for me, and I like their plain roast beef, no sauce as well. Just beef and bun!

I'm having some suspension issues, and when I get my new shop, I'm going to do some more mods during the winter...axles first, then likely a cam/heads package. Would love to do a blower, but may not be able to swing it until next summer....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.