Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Cam !!

2K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  BigV8 
#1 ·
Yes, finally posting a video clip of my cam :)

Mongillo Motors in CT did all the dirty work for me...
P/P heads, Comp Cams, and Meth Injection. Awesome group of guys that love to wrench on cars, and spend quality time tuning it all in. They went above the call of duty with my car !

I used to get a lot of compliments on the sound of my GXP, and now it's overwhelming how many people flag me down to tell me how awesome the car sounds.

http://youtu.be/2TUVHD5ksPY
"warm"... quick drive around the block.

video of when I first brought it home... this one is a "cold" start up getting it off the trailer.
http://youtu.be/IsAGIgdU3oM

Thoughts? :)

#2 ·
Sounds good!

#12 ·
Thank you !!! :driving:

What are the specs on that cam?

Specs are in the signature! ;)

how do you feel about the cam choice? I'm looking for something for DD duty but would like something with a tiny bit of lope as well, nothing too crazy.

I honestly think it's perfect! I think there are some very minor tweaks that I would have the tuner adjust with the tuning. This cam has a great range of power, and couldn't be happier !

Sounds good!

Why the meth on an N/A car? Are your IATs that bad?

Yes sir, and some gains to be had for sure. I won't pretend I'm on expert on the subject because I'm not, but I tell you I've seen first hand in person a dyno run with the meth controller off, and then a second follow up run with it on, and IAT's dropped more than 70%. This was on a hot humid summer day.

It works ;)

Dyno #'s before and after??
I don't recall what the dyno numbers were prior to the cam, p&p heads and meth... I can probably dig them up, the tuner shop ran some preliminary dyno runs to get a baseline.

The after dyno was 451 I believe... or maybe 441... I have the dyno sheet some place. I was hoping for more of course :) But the butt dyno and feeling how strong she pulls, I don't care what the HP number is ! LOL

Nice video. Sounds good.
Now post some videos of the car driving around the street!!:The_Villagers:

MR. B

Thank you ! I definitely plan to... soon as the weather breaks. I have a few vids that I played around with but nothing great. I'll post em anyway this weekend.

Very nice mate. You keep making it harder for me to win each year don't you. Hope to see you at Mongillo's in the spring. Cheers.
LOL ! Thank you sir. I still drool over the gauges in yours! If they host a Spring meet, I'll definitely be there !

#3 ·
how do you feel about the cam choice? I'm looking for something for DD duty but would like something with a tiny bit of lope as well, nothing too crazy.

#7 ·
Dyno #'s before and after??

#14 ·
Damn, 440+. That is really nice for an NA GT. Very impressive man!!! Doesn't really matter what the baseline was, you're pullin' now for sure!!

#16 ·
Sounds good man! I love how choppy your cam sounds

He has a GXP.

#15 ·
Sounds great! Makes me miss my old cammed G8..

#17 ·
Oh. Never mind then.

#18 ·
Very nice sound. Your running close to my time (11.57) and I have a maggie, but a stock stall.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.