Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Next Level Performance Workshop/Dyno Day..... January 19th

6K views 95 replies 21 participants last post by  Rillo71 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, the Next Level Performance workshop/dyno day is tomorrow January 19th. Everyone is invited to attend regardless if they actually dyno their ride or not. The fellowship and ensuing discussions are worth the time and effort to make the trip. Those of us who made it in February of last year can easily attest to that. We all had a wonderful time and learned a lot.:judge:

Geoff would like to limit the dyno runs to 20 cars, but if time permits we might be able to squeeze a few more in. Minimum 10 cars and the cost is $50/run, CASH only, for two pulls with A/F analysis.:driving:

Parking:
If you are getting your car dynoed, look for Geoff's NLP truck and park after it. You will see it in front of the building towards his shop. You can park in the parking spots or along the curb up to his truck. The adjoining business Cross Fit is having an Olympic Weight Lifting event and we need to share parking. If you are just planning to hang out, please park on the side of the building where you enter, just to the left.

UPDATE: Make sure you run at least two tankful's of Hess or BP 93 gas before the dyno day and have either of those two gasolines in the car to get the best dyno results and avoid pre-detonation. DO NOT use 90 or 91 straight gas as you might still get pre-detonation. Please use 93 octane as mentioned previously. For those that may have run different grades of gas or a different brand last year, run either Hess, BP or straight gas this year to see the difference.....

Updated List: (number beside name denotes how many cars)

WhiteHotter 0
verternz06 0
jaxredG8 0
Rillo71 +1
nda9090 +2
thebeast +1
AlbertGT +1
alexhaas +1
065.3GXP +1
SuperDurski +1
Joey +1
James +1
Proud88GT +1
cstmg8 tentative

11 cars so far. We have enough for the $50 deal........ we can schedule up to 20 cars.....keep 'em coming!

See less See more
#2 ·
Ok, Geoff has agreed to hold the Next Level Performance workshop/dyno day on January 19th, 2013 provided the world does not end on December 21st, 2012 (Insert your own Mayan calendar joke here). This will avoid Howard's workshop at Redline and miss the WTW show in February. Let's get some commitments! :pir_flag:

Everyone is invited to attend regardless if they actually dyno their ride or not. The fellowship and ensuing discussions are worth the time and effort to make the trip. Those of us who made it in February of this year can easily attest to that. We all had a wonderful time and learned a lot.:judge:

Geoff would like to limit the dyno runs to 20 cars, but if time permits we might be able to squeeze a few more in. Minimum 10 cars and the cost is $50/run for two pulls with A/F analysis.:driving:
MISSAN NISSAN is in for this....1st on the list..:)

#3 ·
Free Bump......

#6 ·
Awesome!

#8 ·
Sounds great Jon. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

#9 ·
I'll be there. I'd like to get a number finally on my beast.

#10 ·
Barring another setback with my car, I'll be there. Be a little different being there as a spectator instead of a customer!! LOL

#11 ·
BUMP with update to POST #1.

#13 ·
I guess the moderators removed the location address per forum rules. I will PM you.

#14 ·
Can we at least get a city/state?
Interested....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App

#15 ·
Altamonte Springs, FL just north of Orlando.

#16 · (Edited)
... Do you know where Altamonte Mall is....well it's no where near it...If last year was any indication guys it was a fun relaxed day and the BBQ Lunch was Wonderful...Prime Rib, beer, Margaritas... Just kidding but come out and have a great time with us I will be the cooking hurgers and dogs ..maybe we can help Geoff put the finishing touches on Jasons twin turbo GXP and see some BIG Numbers again... Merry Christmas everyone...

#17 ·
If y'all want to put up the address, thats fine. Nothing against that that I know of. Just no direct links to websites or anything like that. And I am still gonna try my ass off to get there with the newly rebuilt from the block up G8. It's been bored, re-sleeved, new rods, pistons, cam etc...

#18 ·
As you say all that Chad I can hear the $6 Million Dollar Man theme song playing in the background..... LOL

#19 ·
Yeah, trust me, it kinda feels like it costs that much..... LOL

#21 ·
Jason, do you know if Geoff has thoughts, either way, on straight gas that has no ethanol. It only comes as 90 octane, but I get better MPG with it. It doesn't seem to run any better or worse with it.

#22 ·
Sorry to hear that Neil. We will miss you.

Free bump to remind everyone.......

#23 ·
Geoff would always recommend straight gas...... you can get 93 in Mt. Dora.

#25 ·
I've got the time off from work, now just "patiently" awaiting the return of the beast....

#26 ·
Awesome! I will post a revised list of who is going so we can get an accurate headcount.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.