Pontiac G8 Forum banner

G8 GT vs '07 SRT-8 Superbee

8K views 104 replies 33 participants last post by  Deuuuce 
#1 · (Edited)
A friend of mine picked up a 2007 SRT-8 Charger Superbee and wanted to see how it would compare.
He's stock and wanted a baseline to measure how well it performed against me.

50-120 (same outcome twice)

2007 SRT-8 Charger Superbee vs G8

http://youtu.be/vzlFacyhmpU

#5 ·
No, unfortunately my friend took the video and posted it to FB.

It's on all 3 G8 Facebook pages if you're on them.

I'll try to get him to upload it to YouTube.

Sorry guys.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#6 ·
Is it on the Florida G8 Club FB page?

#7 ·
Yeah, I don't have access either.

#13 ·
Great kill, i raced my buddy in his 300 srt8 this weekend. Dead stop till 100 i led the way the whole time, then he started to pull past as if i gave up till 140. I will need to find more power up top now:/

#15 ·
I have messed around w/ a friends' SRT8 300c, pre-headers its was neck and neck w/ me inching him out at higher speeds. Now just ran w/ headers and it was a couple/few lengths for sure. The headers help immensely at speeds over 60/70mph IMO.

Heavier car + inferior tranny pretty much balances out the power advantage

#87 ·
I see nothing has changed over the years.

CLEARLY with that jump the SRT-8 wasn't holding a gear. Not say he would win, but definitely not even worth a comparsion. Driver kill.

Heavier car + inferior tranny pretty much balances out the power advantage
I laugh every time you post this. 1st stock vs. stock timeslips prove differently.

Second, Yeti is better now, but had numerous issues with the proper timing and sequence of the shifter/trans when roll racing.

Third, at the track despite the more aggressive gear ratios for the G8, redlining at 103mph in third immediately gives the gearing advantage back to the SRT-8.

gotta add - these "super bee" edition mopar cars are definitely an acquired taste...I mean I'm sure they appeal to 13 year old boys but I'm all set driving around a big blazing yellow truck w/ stripes and bees on it (same goes for the charger) - no offense to anyone who has one, but they make me laugh and puke at the same time.

It is tough to argue it doesn't make a certain statement about the driver...I mean you're ASKING to make a statement w/ a ride like that...
We do agree on the color schemes, decals, etc.

I don't think so...Our cars out class yours in every category there is. Certainly including looks where the Mopar fails miserably except for their reincarnation of the Challenger. The Charger is a freaking joke with a truck front end. I'd run my 09 against any lame Mopar on a road course and dust it appropiately. We don't need no stupid decals or outrageous paint to know our cars are fast, and can corner as well. The G8 exudes class compared to Mopars "boy racer look". Oh...and lets not mention that Italy owns 20% of your company and will own the whole thing within a decade. Yes I do know that the Dart II is an Alfa Romeo design. Hopefully it will save your lame duck company. Just watch some Australian V8 racing...Which I don't see Mopar jumping into the ring just yet...Might be a handling problem.
That is quite the fanboy statement. "Out class how?" You mean vs. the 6.1 and it's greater selection of options, Brembo brakes front and rear, SRT Track Experience, etc? Or the 6.4 which is still still in production, under warranty and refined even more than the 6.1? And at least they were made in the western hemisphere with vastly more domestic content. Keep in mind the 300C is the same car. The charger isn't the prettiest, but by far the most aggressively styled sedan on the road.

I raced a 392 charger and wasn't impressed. It had about 2 car lengths on me by 120. The charger owner paid 49k..I felt sorry for him!
Why? He has a likely fully loaded luxury sport sedan, bone stock, refined lots of warranty left, excellent interior and telemetry, and he beat you. Do you feel more sorry for $80-$100k MB/BMW owners?

In closing... Lets talk money shall we. Mr. Smiths car, though impressive has at least four times the money I spent on my car, probably more. Your car also. The Viper... Really... The new Vette will kill it. G8 suspension was also developed at the Nurburging. You belittle the GT although most people who have driven both cars can hardly notice the difference between the suspension nor the engine. End of story.
The Viper had production car records at the 'Ring & Laguna Seca until the latest gen. ZR1 inched past it at LS due to similar sticky tires.

SRT has offered the track experience for years, the G8 GT/GXP has no significant advantage whatsoever.

Making blanket statements about Mopar, when the Charger has been described as, "The basic test numbers were impressive, but the Charger's agility on the Grattan road circuit was truly revelatory" running .1 second behind a deep 12 second CLS55.
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2006-bmw-m5-vs-cadillac-sts-v-m-b-cls55-amg-comparison-tests

http://www.roadandtrack.com/cm/roadandtrack/data/38a3914bfbe709810bd072bdb0c97508.pdf

Once again, at twice the price.
What is? The Viper? Or a used vs. a new car? Let's compare apples to apples.

I've run a gazzilion SRT8s and I am not surprised at all about the beat down you gave a stock one from that speed. They just aren't good roll racers from the MPH. A diablo tuned one would have been a little more interesting from a different speed.
Agreed Ike, 50mph is a tad low but not horrible.

An immediate 2-3 CL walk (more like a yank!) like that indicates the downshift still had to occur. And if the driver doesn't know to do that, is ESP even disabled too?

#18 ·
gotta add - these "super bee" edition mopar cars are definitely an acquired taste...I mean I'm sure they appeal to 13 year old boys but I'm all set driving around a big blazing yellow truck w/ stripes and bees on it (same goes for the charger) - no offense to anyone who has one, but they make me laugh and puke at the same time.

It is tough to argue it doesn't make a certain statement about the driver...I mean you're ASKING to make a statement w/ a ride like that...

#20 ·
It's all personal preference. I happen to like both.... Wait, that's right, that's why I own both.

#21 ·
It's not even a driver's race, Phil...With similiar mods as yours, I laid a beat down on stock SRT8s at the track...by 2 tenths or more. Now modded may be a different story - never done that. Nice kill.

#22 ·
good kill.

#29 ·
What kind of mods do you have? Any track times or dyno numbers?

#25 ·
When it comes to freeway racing. Alot of times the drivers stones are more important than horsepower. You never really know for sure what the other guy is thinking. I got alot of these types of stories, especially with my modded Solstice on twistys. But this was the first with this car. Now its time to go hunt for some punk driving Daddys Beemer.

#27 ·
Nice kill, Phil! Solo's were too loud, but the stock's were too quiet, I see :) How do you like the Hooker Maxflows?

#28 ·
These are perfect.
Deep rumble at idle and cruise, WOT is just as loud as Solo but more aggressive IMO.
And ABSOLUTELY NO DRONE.
No AFM, no low rpms, no Highway. Any rpm, any speed is drone free.

http://youtu.be/2li0WMHVyvA

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#30 ·
Owning both, I know stock for stock the Bee probably would've had the edge but it still would have been close I think. Can't say for sure because neither are stock now....

#32 ·
I would think it would be close race in the g8s favor. I didnt think you would beat him that bad. It almost looked that he started in the wrong gear.

#33 ·
Good kill!

Had about the same outcome with less cars on a Srt8 300C, probably about 1/2 car to 1 car by 120ish or so. srt8 had intake / exhaust, vs my stocker

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.