Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone from Minnesota Pt. 3

52K views 984 replies 38 participants last post by  Agose25 
#1 ·
Another thread??? Dang...

Anyway... I emailed them about the Firehawk

#808 ·
I plan to keep my car in my garage and start it once a week. Anything special I need to do since I'll be starting it regularily?

#818 ·
Maybe I'll get both ;).

Regarding battery maintainers, there are a lot of them out there. Battery Tender make some good ones. Anything 1.25 amps or more should be adequate for our batteries. I leave my battery in the car with the tender connected over the winter.

As stated above, you don’t want to start it unless you’re going to drive it
Thank for confirming on the no start, that will be the plan then. However, since the car isn't running, should I fill the tank and put in some stabilizer, or keep it low? I haven't stored a car in yrs obviously.

I've used this one for a few years now ... also charges the kids Power Wheels too. I sell them through my work but you can probably buy them all over.

http://associatedequip.com/product/model-9003/
I don't understand how those work, I'll have to read the PDF. I figured they'd have to plug in somewhere, but I don't see a plug on that.

#832 ·
However, since the car isn't running, should I fill the tank and put in some stabilizer, or keep it low?
Excellent question. If you aren't aware of the issues with storing a car and ethanol in the tank, you’ll probably want to read up on it. You should try to run the fuel low, and then fill it about half full with NON-oxygenated fuel. We have plastic gas tanks so you don’t need to fill it full. Then I recommend add a fuel treatment like Sea Foam, and running the car to make sure you've got it up to the injectors. I used to use Sta-bil, but still had fuel issues, so gave up on it.

#813 ·
You don't have to pull the battery..They do store better warm , but the only way for a battery to freeze is if it goes dead..

On buying a charger:
1..Try to find US made I like Solar or Schmaucher brand
2..Look for an automatic charge mode (turns off when fully charged)
3..Look for a boost mode usually 50amp in small home chargers

#815 ·
Regarding battery maintainers, there are a lot of them out there. Battery Tender make some good ones. Anything 1.25 amps or more should be adequate for our batteries. I leave my battery in the car with the tender connected over the winter.

As stated above, you don’t want to start it unless you’re going to drive it

#823 ·
Perfect, that'll be my plan.

Back in the day, when I stored my Camaro, I was told to also put the car on jack stands. Is that something from the 80s still?

Thanks, just placed my order.

Are you talking about how it works on a car or a kids toy?
LOL, was asking regarding the car, but I'll read the paperwork and get it hooked up.

#825 ·
Ryan,

do you guys have a Northern Tool up there? Check my link above your last one.
I have a northern less than 5 miles from me ;)

Just plug the red to red, black to black... then plug it in and forget about it till spring. thats it.
Red to +, Black to -, plug the unit into the wall and call it good?

thats why I over inflat a bit... keeps most flat spots from happening... I dont worry about it though, a couple miles into driving and its fine.
Cool, sounds good. I have some carpet scraps from finishing the basement that I'll pull onto.

#829 ·
Yeah, it was a great time (besides having a cold the whole time).

Never made it to the KQ morning show, slept in instead. But did go to thier afterparty at the Nugget, which was fun.

Saw Chris Angel perform, and then pretty much bummed around and gambled/ate/drank downtown.

Ate at the Heart Attack Grill, that was an experience.

#830 ·
#831 ·
Heart Attack Grille was good. Burger was good, I wanted to get the large one, but you can't split them, so my wife and I split the single.

It was fun to see everyone wearing hosiptal gowns. Also, the jello shots come in a giant syringe, that was cool! The jello tasted bad, but the idea was cool.

#835 ·
Ok, lets talk Non Oxy fuel.

Does one assume if the pump doesn't say "this fuel contains up to 10% ethanol" that the fuel is Non Oxy?

I just ran to the Super America near my daycare where I get gas sometimes (mosty for the Durango). On the pump it said "Contains up to 10% Ethanol".

So, I drove to Holiday by my house where I get gas most of the time in the G8 when needing gas around here. The pump didn't say anything about Ethanol or Non Oxy.

For giggles, I drove through Fleet Farm and thier pumps were the same as Holiday, didn't mention Non Oxy or Ethanol at all.

I know I have seen Non Oxy on a pump before, I am wondering if that was the BP by my work where I fill up freaquently because they have 93 Oct still.

#844 ·
Minnesota tuner? TPIS?

Ya U betcha. Can you guys recommend a good tuner in the twin cities? SLP said someone needs to turn off the circuit to the back O2 sensor to get rid of the error code from the SLP headers, and I may as well get this thing to go as fast as possible while they are at it.
Any experiences with TPIS in Chaska?

#845 ·
Ya U betcha. Can you guys recommend a good tuner in the twin cities? SLP said someone needs to turn off the circuit to the back O2 sensor to get rid of the error code from the SLP headers, and I may as well get this thing to go as fast as possible while they are at it.
Any experiences with TPIS in Chaska?
Havnt heard of them... Try Carl... http://www.cjtunes.com/

Great guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.