Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Firebird raceway 11/16/2012

1K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  jbak 
#1 ·
I'll be going to see what I can get out of my GXP. Anyone else wanna join?

#2 ·
I'll give it some thought !

#3 ·
I going to wait until I get my new headers installed

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#4 ·
If I can get my gears installed and a retune by then I'll be there.

#5 ·
30 percent chance i will be there. new sfi flex plate installed after exploding the stock one. 3600 stall restalled to 4000 just shipped today from yank. that is the hold up. if it reaches my mechanic thursday i think we will make it. if not i will probably get car back next monday. my drag radials are no longer holding on the track. if they do i am looking to get kicked out.

I will definitely be there the 30th! Good luck! You should go.

#6 ·
4,000 stall?? Wow you're serious! I bet its like a sling shot!

#7 ·
it will if the drag radials will hold. but they will not with the 3.27s. i need to reorder the hoosier drag radials. those are the only ones that hold. when i went to firebird a few weeks ago the track was not holding anything. i hope it is better prepped this time. i talked with dave, the owner of yank, and he said i will not even notice the difference on partial throttle. with hp tuners i am doing a lock up at partial throttle at 20 mph in third so that helps alot. i was scared to with what people were telling me. my wife drove the 3600 stall and never even knew i had it in there. right now tracking is just stating a label has been created. so the odds are i will not be there. you will have fun. go.

#8 ·
I may have my car back on Friday. If so I will head on up to Chandler.

#9 ·
It was nice meeting some of you guys on Friday. The night wasn't too bad. D.A was at 2,400 ft, temp was 70 degrees. Ran my car three times, and hit the limiter on the 1-2 shift on every run. I guess I was a little aggressive. Haa. I feel it was good baseline for the first time taking her out to the track. Ive had very little seat time in her, so go easy on me. :)

1st run: 13.3@107
2nd run: 13.1@108.5
3rd run: 13.1@107

Hopefully I can stay off the limiter next time out. :)

#12 ·
You're doing good with that 13.1,,, I was only able to go 13.4 with the car granted it was not cool out when I did it. My wife ended up running her S4 around 10 PM but we got DQ'd because she went 13.6 with no helmet and me in the pass seat :drink:The S4 is a quick car but still not as fun as the GXP...

#10 ·
i heard it was warm. my car was not ready. i will be out there in two weeks. considering your car is an M6 those are fantastic times! the best i have seen an automatic gxp do with a rotofab and some exhaust work was a 12.9 with a lower da. Good job!

#11 ·
Good runs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#13 ·
It was a pretty good night. Would have been better if it was a little colder. Best I could get was a 13.5 with a butt load of wheel spin on the 1-2 shift. Plus I need to get it retuned for the 3.27 gears, seems like the car did not want to shift out of 3rd.

#14 ·
common problem. if you have hp tuners go into your mph shift tables. on the third to fourth gear shift lower your mph by 2. do it in both columns. i bet that helps alot. if it sort of works lower it by 1 more mph. it is a tuning issue.

#15 ·
Thanks for the tip! I haven't bought HP tuners yet. I probably will here pretty soon.

#16 ·
Thanks, I was a bit disappointed in my times to be honest. I kept banging the rev limiter, and for some reason, the limiter was coming in at 6100 rpms, but on the street I take her up to 6600 with no problem. Weird. Anyway, it was an okay baseline. The car is strong, I just need more seat time I guess. I've only driven her a little over 300 miles since I bought her.

#17 ·
Looks like my prediction on AZDG was pretty accurate !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.