Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Times are changing

4K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  santi826 
#1 ·
Well like the title says "Times are changing" I've had some additions and changes in my life and its going to require me to start cutting some toys so the G8 was the first on my chopping block unfortunately. I think its an awesome car and probably a bit ambitious for such a young owner (26 years old) and I bought it brand new. I drove it for the first few months as a daily driver and then after I came back from my deployment in 2010 I purchased a beat up truck and started driving that so I was able to garage her. She was babied but opened up occasionally and I had great times with her but little ones and other stuff is making me decide its time to be a little more practical. I think she has about 16-17 thousand miles besides that she's in beautiful shape so I haven't been keeping track but I was hoping to get a price check I guess or see if anyone is interested in it.

Kelly Blue Book says at 20k miles at very good its worth $32,600 private party is that a realistic number I can expect to get paid? It would definitely be in the ball park of what I wanted to get out of her let me know thanks for reading guys.

#2 ·
You can probably get $30k if its in pristine condition. Maybe a lil more with the right buyer and being that yours is 6m. Good luck and thanks for your service to our country.

#7 ·
I agree 33k, not a penny less.

#4 ·
Yeah those are the ball park of where I was hoping to get for her, I was just hoping that I could find someone here interested in buying her since they would appreciate the car more than your average joe.

#13 ·
I agree 100%....i have no yet seen a car that wasn't a hatch back that can fit my baby stroller perfectly (well i have to take the wheels off) it fits helluva lot better then it did in the Grand Am trunk

#6 · (Edited)
A SBM A6 no sunroof with 22,987 sold on eBay in September for $31,899. I would list it for $35 and not take a penny less than $34.

Edit: Correction - the sale in September did not complete, buyer never contacted seller so he relisted the car and it sold the second time for $30,000. I think the re-list hurt the value of the car the second time around. I still think a good price point for these cars right now is between $30 and $35. A few exceptions will sell above and below that range.

#8 ·
I have turned down $36,500 for mine...Canadian. Another M6 just sold locally at a dealer for approx $39,500 plus fees & tax. An M6 is worth every penny if someone truly wants it.

Such a shame to put a car like this on Ebay, as mentioned, the re listing really hurts the value. Ebay cheapens any sale IMO. People know how to look on autotrader.com, there's no need to list it on Ebay.

#9 ·
I have turned down $36,500 for mine...Canadian. Another M6 just sold locally at a dealer for approx $39,500 plus fees & tax. An M6 is worth every penny if someone truly wants it.

Such a shame to put a car like this on Ebay, as mentioned, the re listing really hurts the value. Ebay cheapens any sale IMO. People know how to look on autotrader.com, there's no need to list it on Ebay.

Agreed, if you have the means to hold on long enough! I would not sell
mine for less than 70K (what I have in her,she's part of the family).
Your Family takes first over any material possession and your obviously
a responsible parent and patriat op! God bless and Good luck!

#10 ·
Yeah unfortunately I'm going to sell it I love the car but in these times practical takes precedence I never regret buying it and I hope it goes to a great home I will be coming home and officially posting it up for sale then since my wife doesn't to be involved in the issue haha. If I find someone on here I might include shipping if they agree to pay for gas/hotel(depending how far) because I have an enclosed trailer I could deliver it in. If ya'll know of anyone tell them to give me a holler. It has the roto-fab intake and solo performance exhaust, whatever the loud ones are. So if anyone wants to buy stock exhaust or intake haha I'm selling those too! Maybe if something better happens in the future I can re-buy the car back if the new owner needs to let it go who knows.

#11 ·
Where are you located? Those are the gxp specs I'm looking for, but it might be a bit too early for a purchase.

#16 ·
Yeah I get that the car works well but there are various reasons why I need to get rid of it, for example my wife gets car sick in almost all cars she needs something that sits up higher. Trust me I have tried trying to rationalize keeping the car but there really is none when we also have a Chevy Equinox(her car) and my Dodge 2500 which both will out perform a car as a family car. I'm only 26 so I have plenty of time in the future to add a fun to drive car. I just pray that I can get a buyer who will appreciate the car and come to me first if he ever needs to sell it :D

#17 ·
I’m sorry to read about the selling of the G8; :cry: however, the family comes first and you must do what’s best for you at this time.

Oh how I would love to buy this off of you but… :whine:

I wish you all the best in selling her. :)

Michelle, GM Customer Service

#19 ·
Don't forget to add the gas gusler tax to the new buyer. That sh*t is like luggage, it should always carry forward to the next buyer. :) Remember that's this is a collectors car. Last of it's kind..... yada yada, and boom you should get top US dollar.

And, I'm in the same scenario as you. Questioning if I should sell. Baby arrived. My car is paid in full which helps. 4 doors make it a family car, I agree.

Hear are my specs:
Silver GXP, auto, sunroof, with 3M clear bra (lifetime warranty), original owner.
11,900 miles, garage kept, wife kept from, stock, excellent condition, no rain/snow seen, ...with gm warranty.

If someone was to offer me like 40K. That would be reasonable. :judge:

Detroit Metro Area

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.