Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Any Iowa G8's here

49K views 549 replies 66 participants last post by  ragnarock46 
#1 ·
Des Moines, Iowa here.

#320 ·
I'm not a huge fan of White but my third choice was White Hot for the G8. I love the interior seats, I've been thinking of getting a set for mine down the road.

#321 ·
Thanks. I'm not a big fan of white on most cars but I really like this white. It's very bright and not dull like most whites. I'm very happy I waited for one with the onyx and red interior.

#322 ·
The Onyx and Red would compliment my Liquid Red paint very well two I've always had a thing for the Red and Black seating. One reason I bought my Focus ST, came as Black with Red insert. Of course its also that I'm addicted to the color Red.

#323 ·
Well my new Antenna mast arrived from the UK. Looks awesome and works awesome, 16 inches so its closer to being like a real Commodore.

#325 ·
The G8 on the morning after Draco came through.

#326 · (Edited)
Hey guys, checking in from Monroe. We just traded in our stock red '09 GT with 67k miles for a white '09 GT with 21k miles at gabus ford on merle hay. The new one has a magnaflow x-pipe/axle-back and a CAI. Otherwise the car is stock. Our old car had the premium package w/ the 19's so we had them swapped over to the new car (had 18's on it). Love the new car and just curious if anyone knows the previous owner which I was told was from Des Moines. I think the car may be tuned, but I would really like to talk to the previous owner. Someone took great care of this car!

#328 ·
I saw your new car a week or so ago sitting on the lot at Gabus. They had it parked right on the corner of their lot so it was easy to see. I wanted to stop and look at it closer but was rushing around finishing my Christmas shopping at the time. Unfortunately, I don't know who the previous owner was or if they were on the Board. Enjoy the car!

#327 ·
^ Happen to see you on Gabus' Facebook page with the White G8.

#330 ·
Your red one has been sold!

#332 ·
They don't stay on lots very long if they're advertised well.

#334 ·
Welcome to the board. Saw a Stryker Blue GT today at the Fair Grounds. Driver looked rather appalled to see another G8 out and about in the middle of winter.

#335 ·
Des Moines! Anyone know a good dealership or shop around the Urbandale, Waukee, West Des Moines area that know how to respect and work on our g8's?

#337 ·
Are we allowed to post links to parts we have for sale on Ebay? I would just make a thread but I don't have enough posts to make one in the FS section.

#339 ·
#346 ·
^ That would work the best in removing hard water spots. I think I've seen your G8 a couple of times when I was out and about on the north side of town.

#347 ·
I've used the power ball a few times w/ mother's polish and it made them less apparent, i'll have to try a little more aggressive polish next. I always try to keep a coat of Rejex on them. mrbirdman330: I live right on the N side of DSM and I would bet i've seen your G8 a few times as well. I'll be keeping track of when the Bennigans gatherings are this summer, had no idea those went on. I thought only classic car shows went on there.

#348 ·
I'm the only Liquid Red V6 you'll see 9 times out of ten.

#350 ·
No winter beater for me. I would not mind one but right now the G8 works fine even with this awful winter weve had.