Pontiac G8 Forum banner

New Procharger variable pully supercharger

2K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  BTWS6 
#1 ·
Procharger i-1

Looks to be an interesting concept, I like the optional touchscreen programmer with lockout pin for valet mode, talk about sweet!

Gotta be hella expensive though...

#2 ·
Cant wait for them to come out with a higher hp one. From what I heard around 7k or so which is about in line with the rest of the kits. Its a great idea and im surprised it has taken this long to get on the market.

#5 ·
That is badass. I want one

#7 · (Edited)
I wonder how tuners will tune for that bad boy... with the constant psi change.

I have no idea why, but I want one.

I'd setup my 4 modes as:
Road Race: ~600 rwhp
Drag: ~700 rwhp
DD: ~500 rwhp
Valet : ~ 100 rwhp. LOL

#9 ·
About time. I have always thought something like this would hit the market. Awesome!

#10 ·
#11 ·
Looks good in concept, i wonder how they'll deal with engine timing on the fly, less timing with more boost, and more timing with less boost. Maybe this is a not a on the fly thing, I could see 3-4 different tunes, available on demand, but not on the fly in our case. In any case, out of my reach for now, I'll go back to my future wet nitrous kit with a TB plate, and all the safety nannies, even a cam is out of reach for me now, it's tough to keep up with the hobby with 3 kids, a wife and 2 houses to maintain, but i'll add more power to this biatch shortly, one way or another :)

#13 ·
The idea seems good, but it looks huge. I like to be able to hide my mods so I can smoke my friends. We have a rivalry going that is going into its 23rd year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.