Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Cars and Coffee Irvine, Ca 2/23/13

3K views 39 replies 11 participants last post by  5litrarag 
#1 ·
Hey guys hope you are all doing ok. As most of you guys know I went to the dark side 5.0 :driving: Me 5.0 and my buddy in his white zl1 from San Diego are planning on going to Cars and Coffee Irvine February 23rd, 2013. Im Trying to get a good crowd to go with us or meet us there. For old times sake :) we can meet up at the target parking lot section g8 if you'd like?

Ford - Mazda Campus: Cars & Coffee
16 reviews Rating Details
Category: Automotive [Edit]
7905 Gateway Blvd
Irvine, CA 92618

Google for more info :pir_flag:

#2 ·
Hey what's going on Julian, dang it's been a while, nice color right there, is that still called Dark Shadow Grey ? very similar color to my old 2003 Mach1, I'll be there.

#3 ·
To be honest I don't know the exact color name lol yeah it's been a while. Hopefully we can get a good crowd to go if not it will be cool with you, my buddy from work and me :)

#4 ·
Whoah, blast from the past! Good to hear from you, Julian. I may be able to make it up there. Have some things that may be going on that day, but the morning might be open if we can get a few more G8's going.

#7 ·
Still think I can do this. Hey, my car just went over 100K miles today! Love driving this thing. :driving:

#6 ·
Julian, how you been? Sounds pretty interesting I might have to go if I can get my car fixed by then.

#10 ·
The 23rd of Feb. sounds good to me too. Another Irvine G8 GT owner checking in and hope to see all you guys there. Long time no see Vince, Julian, Dario. Maybe more OC G8's will checkin and meet At Taget, Irvine Spectrum, 6:15 to 6:30ish. Then a carravan over to C and C. Park by 7 AM.

#11 ·
Hey Bob! Did anyone check to make sure this isn't one of the weekends where they have their car show up off of Ortega?

#12 ·
Just checked the C and C Irvine website. No mention on their web site of any changes for the 23rd meet on that Saturday. Let's all assume it"s a go, and some cool cars show up.

#13 · (Edited)
Hey guys, It's been a very long time. I'm still stuck back here in Ohio, but at least we have some OPEN drag strips around here. The G8 hasn't been out to the track, but the 63 sure has. I've also been putting a big bunch of miles on mine since its now the daily driver. These things do get faster with accumulation of some miles. No troubles at all except for the famous LCA after the first winter here.

Who is gonna get an SS? I will if they do a manual, which I still think will happen after all the bitchin over the last coudple of days.

I'll be back out there one of these days.

I've also taken up a new (old) hobby .... photography because there is a bunch of car stuff going on in the midwest. Just not in Columbus.

Dream Cruise 2012

http://youtu.be/8Hn-Ai1TZeI

#16 ·
Hey Scott! Definitely been a while. Glad to see you're still around. My car hasn't seen a track in a long time.

I doubt they bring the SS in a manual. Personally, I like it, but I think the front looks too bland/boring. I also don't care for the speedo and tach treatment they did. And why couldn't they come up with better looking wheels?

#19 ·
Weather looks like it should be good tomorrow. Bob and Julian, I should be at the G8 section of the Target parking lot between 6:15 and 6:30 tomorrow morning.

#23 ·
Hey guys I won't be able to meet up at target BUT when I get there at around 6ish? I will find you guys lets park at the far right corner of the parking lot. If. Not available the closest to the right far corner... Look out for me Vince, Bob, Dario and who ever goes...

#25 ·
What time were you there? We left fairly early after seeing all the cars there.

#28 ·
We left Carlsbad around 5:45 so we could meet Bob and Danny at the Target parking lot around 6:30ish. We probably left before 8 and had breakfast on the way home in San Juan Capistrano, at Ruby's.

They also do a C&C at the Carlsbad Company Stores but much much smaller group of cars. I wonder if they still do it at Balboa Park in San Diego.

#27 ·
I was at C and C on saturday and saw Vince and a new guy from Corona, think it was Andy, black GXP. Was bummed when we tried to get in that they turned us away and said only allowing 1999 and older cars. What a crock. I went once around and made my way back to the parking garage and left. Hope this isn't permanent for the future.

#29 ·
Was bummed when we tried to get in that they turned us away and said only allowing 1999 and older cars. What a crock. I went once around and made my way back to the parking garage and left. Hope this isn't permanent for the future.
So they didn't let any of the late model exotics in that are almost always newer than 1999? That is BS...

#33 ·
Should have pointed to one of those and mentioned that it looks newer than 1999 so why did it get in... ;)

Did they let the old muscle cars and rods in?

#34 ·
Meet and Greet at Extreme Autowerks in Cerritos on Sunday March 3rd at 1pm. They're trying to see how many of us Camaro5 members will show up for their All American Muscle Car meet.

There will be food and drink and they will raffle of some prizes too! They will be raffling off:

- 1 FREE Tint Job
- Racing Stripe
- Transformer 3 Style Racing Stripe
- 1 Free Headlight ClearBra (PPF)
- Extreme Eco-Wash (Waterless Carwash)

Meet will be at:

Extreme Autowerks
16319 Piuma Ave
Cerritos, CA. 90703

https://www.facebook.com/ExtremeAW
http://www.yelp.com/biz/extreme-autowerks-cerritos

Just fyi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.