Pontiac G8 Forum banner

New Guy here! Should I jump?

2K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  BOLTY 
#1 ·
:driving: Hey boys and girls. Im new to the whole g8 scene but would like to join as soon as possible:} Anyways I saw this g8 at a local dealership and was wanting to know what you guys think. Ive got them down to 19.7k but the carfax has sum repairs listed such as camshaft,belts, water pump, ect. Im like why has it had so much work and been certified twice. Just being careful. G8s seem to be high around here price wise.

http://www.berglundcars.com/certified/Pontiac/2009-Pontiac-G8-751069230a0a00640018f307bcde1e0b.htm

#6 ·
Lifter issue is fixed on that g8. I would go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#7 ·
Couldn't ask for a better color

#8 ·
No don't jump til after you got the car . Oh and your gonna need my name and info . For the will . Then you can jump lol. So welcome. I've had mine for almost a year now and when I'm not driving it ,I'm not happy . It seems to be a fair price if all the issues are handled. Dont know what that would cost you to do. See it has the sport package but wasn't looking to see if it had a sunroof. If there willing to handle repairs and also willing to take it to your own mechanic to have it looked over. Always good to get an unbiased opinion from a person not trying to sell you the car . It does have a 100,000 five year warranty . Good luck on the purchase. Hope it works out well .

#9 ·
It does have a sunroof pony;} Like i said I have had alot of bad luck with cars "Grand Cheeroke uh ford probe gt please dont laugh" and seeing airbag being worked on makes me think unreported wreck lol. I have a 06 g35 coupe fully loaded and it has been my first great car except for the oil burning they are know for which I have to add once a month.I always wanted a 04 mach 1 when I was younger but now my son has gotten too big for tiny coupe backseats. I figure the g8 will let me have my cake and eat it too. Plus the color is very different I likey!!

#10 ·
Figured. One thing you way wanna look at and wish I could of, is the your biggest complaint about your g8. It's something like 40 plus pages but you'll see what are general issues with these cars. Mine has been ok (hard knock on wood ! ) but have seen some crappy issues come up on this forum. One common gripe is the front end is bad when it comes to paint chips. Mines black and I am so gonna have it painted. Hear yuh on the airbag thing.

#19 ·
They call the color "steel blue", but it doesn't look like Stryker blue... PSM maybe? Might just be a crappy camera with bad color reproduction.
There was no color called steel blue in 2009. It is definately a Pacific Slate Metallic Also knonw as Karma Metallic in Australia.

#16 ·
Just recognize what you are buying...this is NOT a bmw, infiniti, type of car. I bought and still own mine "for the loud peddle". There is no replacement for displacement!!

Get it and enjoy the ride!

#17 ·
I've had mine for about 3 weeks now and I can't say enough about it, I love it. I have the Panther Black Metallic. Looks like a luxury vehicle on the outside, then you step on the gas and it's alll muscle!

#21 ·
Welcome to the G8 club. Now let's determine what your first mods are going to be. A lot more potential than a G35.

#22 ·
RealDeal I'm a noob here too, not sure what to think. I purchased my 2008 G8 GT back in the spring and paid $21K for a vehicle with only 22,000 miles on it. I found similar deals from time to time. They're out there but a little harder to find. I kept checking on cars. com, autotrader, and carguru. It took me about 3-4 weeks to track down the perfect car but I found it. Granted I had to fly to Bethesda, MA @ $150 from Ohio but it was well worth the trip. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.