Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Moving on....thanks

5K views 48 replies 31 participants last post by  BVM 
#1 ·
Just traded in the G8 on a 2012 CTS-V. Loved this car...will miss it for sure. This forum has been a great resource, I haven't posted much but visited often and learned a lot - some passionate folks on here. Thanks for all of the wisdom.

Wish I could have afforded to keep the car for a little longer, my little bro is begging me to hold off an sell to him (he currently has an 06 GTO, an 04 C5 Z06, and a 96 Impala SS. The last thing he needs is another car, but he loves the G8.

#8 ·
and some who sold their G8, moved on & eventually came back to a G8 :)

#4 ·
About the best way to upgrade............

#5 ·
Seems like many move to the CTS-V after the G8. I know that's my next move, but much farther down the road when I can keep the G8 and daily the CTS-V.

Enjoy the new ride.

#6 ·
Wait, you couldn't afford to keep the G8 but you bought a $65k+ car instead? I don't get it....
I don't think muscle gets much more affordable than our G8's.
that being said, I'm sure you will enjoy that new car. Those are insanely fast and capable cars.... Pictures or it didn't happen ;-)

#7 ·
Yes, pics would be appreciated and I'd be willing to bet you got a pretty nice deal on leftover 2012 model. Most I looked at were between $68K-$72K MSRP, but I got a few truecar quotes just playing around between $62K-$64K and that was before they were as old as they are now. Guessing most who go for 2012's or in some cases 2011's still on the lot great deals can be had. I need to stop thinking about this now...really dangerous for me.

#15 ·
Wicked good deal! That thing probably looks sweeeet! I wish I could swing one if those. Can't wait for pics. Good luck with the caddy.

#23 ·
Too much hotness for one photo lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#29 ·
Great looking car. My sis works for GM corporate and every once in a while I have thoughts of using another family discount deal and getting a V wagon... Then I see the prices of low mileage used ones and realize I couldnt live with knowing I'm losing THAT much money that quickly. Maybe I'll look at a used one in a couple years....

#30 ·
Thanks for all the comments. The pic is deceiving, the CTS is parked further back than the G8. However the G8 was definitely roomier inside. Not that the CTS is cramped or too small, but I did notice a difference vs. the G8.

#31 ·
I was just at a dealership looking at floods of 2 door CTS-Vs on the lot. Badass!!!!

#35 ·
@Skyview, I agree, my heart just melts and I get weak in the knees when I see the Cadillac CTS-V Coupe. I would love to have one of those… maybe put it on my Christmas list? LOL

Michelle, GM Customer Service

#37 ·
Those calipers are beautiful

#38 ·
Identical V at the local GMC/Buick dealer locally down to the black wheels and yellow calipers. Beautiful cal, congrats....if I had the ability I'd have your twin.

#40 ·
what are the mod plans for the new ride?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.